Unique Melody Merlin Impressions Thread (All review and impression links located in the 1st and 2nd posts. Pics in posts 3 and 4)
Mar 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 207
Isolation is really good. Not quite as good as my Westone UM1's were, but I was using the foam Comply tips and I've never gotten isolation like that with anything besides earplugs.

Shotgunshane, fantastic job with all of this! I get my right earpiece back tomorrow morning (after a refit) and I'll try to get an impression up, until then here's a couple pics of my Merlins from the week that I had them

Jun 15, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #20 of 207
Still loving my Merlin and just wanted to give them some love.

Has there been no new impressions of the Merlin? 

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:00 AM Post #24 of 207
Here's my portable rig... The 8-wire TWAg/TWCu really opened up the Merlins. The mids/treble is sooo crispy it's nuts!

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #25 of 207
Quote:
Here's my portable rig... The 8-wire TWAg/TWCu really opened up the Merlins. The mids/treble is sooo crispy it's nuts!

Was going to purchase a Hybrid Cable from Whiplash Audio but decided against it and purchased the Silver Poison from Toxic Cables due to their excellent customer service and the idea of silver/gold alloy as opposed to a silver/copper hybrid intrigued me.  I'm hoping that someone will be able to stack them against each other without certain biases such as price expectation bias etc.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 207
Quote:

Was going to purchase a Hybrid Cable from Whiplash Audio but decided against it and purchased the Silver Poison from Toxic Cables due to their excellent customer service and the idea of silver/gold alloy as opposed to a silver/copper hybrid intrigued me.  I'm hoping that someone will be able to stack them against each other without certain biases such as price expectation bias etc.

I do hope I can hear some Toxic Cables product someday to compare with the hybrid, but for now I'm really enjoying the hybrid paired with the Merlin. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back