Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jul 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #541 of 850
I'm not sure it is going to be something like 335DW vs. the rest of the Fitear lineup , AnakChan, but the very first piece of information about the Maestro does unveil that it is going to be UM's new flagship: http://iconosquare.com/p/767124834246385067_979027230.
I'm still confused. I don't see anywhere that says "Flagship". Just "new 12-driver". Not to mention that photo was taken from Mixwave's page which was where it was first announced.

Jul 19, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #543 of 850
"New 12 drivers flagship custom in-ear monitors" in the description section? :confused_face: is that description reliable?
Actually no & yes. No it's not reliable cos the original announcement doesn't day flagship. It looks like iconosquare copied the picture and added the "flagship" themselves. I don't know who iconosquare is but doesn't look like they're reliable.

As for the "yes" it turns out Mixwave won't bring the Mentors into Japan so at least in Japan, the Maestro will implicitly be the flagship despite not explicitly stated.

What does it mean for the rest of the world? They won't (officially) get Maestro - it's a Japan-only release & it is Kenichi's/Mixwave's special edition. But I'm guessing in this day and age of grey market I'm sure some you bright sparks will find ways to get Japan exclusives anyway.

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #547 of 850
Japan exclusive and Universal too (for now), guess its the replacement of the Mentor over there :p 

i was really confused XD i mean the Mentor got it all for a Flagship. 

Jul 19, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #548 of 850
Japan exclusive and Universal too (for now), guess its the replacement of the Mentor over there :p 

i was really confused XD i mean the Mentor got it all for a Flagship. 
How could it be a replacement if the Mentors were never brought in/distributed in Japan?

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #550 of 850
How could it be a replacement if the Mentors were never brought in/distributed in Japan?

i mean as a solution XD since they didn't bring it there to begin with :p  guess i made you confused lol. 

why didn't they bring the Mentor to begin with? as far as i know a lot of Japs did pre order it, should been a success over there :/ 

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #551 of 850
I think it's a very common practice in Japan. Most of the 'Made in Japan' goods you find in Japan cannot be found elsewhere in the world, well that's changing these days but the mindset is pretty much the same. Mixwave is just trying to bring something exclusive to the Japanese community. 

Jul 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #552 of 850
  Whats the word on the Maverick? As a Merlin owner i'm very interested in these.

Sadly I never got a chance to demo the Maverick. It's a Japan-only exclusive as far as I know. All I have info about it is that it's 5-driver. I put my Fujiya report in my sig BTW so a pix of the Maestro there. Queue was long so I didn't wanna waste time lining up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back