Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #91 of 850
Wouldn't we all? Of course something like the Mentor would require a large deposit due to cost of it and also prevents someone from just stealing it. I really hope it's a signature I like but I did but the universal so not a huge loss if I don't.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #92 of 850
Now that UM and JH offer universal models of their flagships the reasonable thing to do would be to order the universal models first. Re-sell it and if you like it, order the custom version. The small loss is worth sparing yourself the doubt IMO.

Maybe one day manufacturers will step up and start producing a decent number of demos.

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #93 of 850

It came early which is surprising since last couple times with FedEx it just sat there if it came early until the delivery date. It comes with your standard tips, earwax loop thing, warranty card and a silver case similar to JHaudio except smaller and harder to twist. Hopefully this settles in and I can twist the case closed better after I get used to it.

The blue came out a little bit darker than I expected but still good considering the wine red is a darker color as well. I'll take some better pictures later today. Apparently people don't realize I got my UM Mentor today and have a silly meeting first thing in the morning -_-

I'm at work so not sure when I can get some impressions in.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #94 of 850
I'm at work so not sure when I can get some impressions in.

i am waiting!!!!! we will need info on the mids and treble >=)   you will be rained with questions!!! hehehehe now all love you man >=)

Jan 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #95 of 850
I wish I brought my FA-4 today. Inside the case there are a few tips that would probably work better. I don't really get the best seal with these. My TF10 or Ortofon tips would probably go well with these.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #96 of 850
go go listen to the Mentor , the whole world is waiting for you >=) you are the UAH of this thread AKA Unique Audiophile Hero , XD

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #99 of 850
Buying blind is stupid for IEMs @ this price level, IMO. Yet I am considering it. What is wrong with me?

you are a head-fier on like the rest of us >=) 

one of us!! one of us!!! (then i bite you and you start buying more CIEMs) 

Jan 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #100 of 850
  go go listen to the Mentor , the whole world is waiting for you >=) you are the UAH of this thread AKA Unique Audiophile Hero , XD

Keep on waiting while more people follow 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
The universal mentor sure looks small. Incredible size for a 10 driver.

Yes for a 10 driver it's small. It is seriously crammed in there. It's pretty much just the internals in there and no space for anything else.

Buying blind is stupid for IEMs @ this price level, IMO. Yet I am considering it. What is wrong with me?

Most of the stuff I've been buying blind. There's some impressions but nothing like a demo. Of course usually I'm not an early adopter but I've been lucky the times I have been. 

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #101 of 850
So I received my Unique Melody Mentor Universals today. Out of the box they sound like everything I was hoping for. It usually takes me a week or two to get accustomed to the sound signature of new IEMs but these being everything that I was looking for tonally made it quite easy to go from my W4s. I'm not yet an expert at describing audible qualities but I would be more than glad to answer questions. Below are some pictures!

The cardboard holding the carrying case came damaged. I guess they were in a rush. (not a bad thing, cause I really wanted them)

The inside of the carrying case has some sort of felt? It got on headphones/tips and is kind of messy.

The cable connector will not fit all the way with most cases for your phone. 

The left and right are both color and letter coded for L/R

You can kind of see the PCB through the IEM. I like it.

It doesn't stick out of the ear too much and with the right tip there's no issues with fit. I have weird ear-canals and I find no issues. (ignore the fuzz)

Jan 13, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #105 of 850
I ordered from Stephen Guo. You can find his profile on here and send him a PM. They ship from China but get here pretty fast. Stephen is from http://custom-iem.com/

edit: on the website, under 'how to order', has the instructions on how to contact Stephen :)

+1. Ordered from Stephen. Very responsive give him a shout for a universal version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back