Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Oct 5, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #106 of 381
787ZVTw.jpg

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #114 of 381
How does it sound
. I have burned them in for 50 hrs using a playlist that goes from instrumental, rock, etc and at a specific volume and Mid Level gain in the amp. and the sound has evolved. Also used several songs from a Spotify Playlist titled Songs to Test Headphone with to determine these changes

The units have an expansive sound stage and overall sound expansion that my DAP volume scale has to be reduced when compared with other IEM's. Currently using the supplied tips but will be moving forward with the Symbios to test.

One thing I will say I have a set of Audeze I20's and they don't seal or feel as good as these ergonomically. Sound wise these are way better than the audeze Isine 20's. Will need to compare with the LCD i4's one of these days

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #116 of 381
TbXPt
Received the ME-1 units several days ago. I have burned them in for 50 hrs using a playlist that goes from instrumental, rock, etc and at a specific volume and Mid Level gain in the amp. and the sound has evolved. Also used several songs from a Spotify Playlist titled Songs to Test Headphone with to determine these changes

The units have an expansive sound stage and overall sound expansion that my DAP volume scale has to be reduced when compared with other IEM's. Currently using the supplied tips but will be moving forward with the Symbios to test.

One thing I will say I have a set of Audeze I20's and they don't seal or feel as good as these ergonomically. Sound wise these are way better than the audeze Isine 20's. Will need to compare with the LCD i4's one of these days
With LCDi4 will be a very interesting comparison .

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #117 of 381
I actually compared them last Tuesday, although briefly. The i4 for me sounds more natural right out of the box, but the ME-1 has a pretty good presentation, and technical abilities especially with the right source pairing, and additional EQ. The ME-1 requires less power, and is less sensitive than i4. While the i4 is able to display a smoother, more natural sound with a neutral-to-bright source. As I recall, the ME-1 provides a more emphasis in sub-bass frequency, while the i4 in mid-bass. For acoustic, and vocals I prefer the sound of the i4, which is comparatively leaner, with a better 'right' amount of sparkle in the upper frequency. The ME-1 has an early lift in the midrange, instead of the upper-mid, making it sound less airy/sweet than the i4. I like the ME-1 more for listening to electronic, and pop music, where the emphasis on the sub-bass makes them sound more enjoyable, and fun. Both are special in their own way. The ME-1 fit better to my ears, and is more comfortable than the i4. For the price, the ME-1 goes the extra mile here with their packaging, and accessories.

P_20171002_173306.jpg

P_20171003_163323.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #118 of 381
I actually compared them last Tuesday, although briefly. The i4 for me sounds more natural right out of the box, but the ME-1 has a pretty good presentation, and technical abilities especially with the right source pairing, and additional EQ. The ME-1 requires less power, and is less sensitive than i4. While the i4 is able to display a smoother, more natural sound with a good quality source. As I recall, the ME-1 provides a more emphasis in sub-bass frequency, while the i4 in mid-bass. For acoustic, and vocals I prefer the sound of the i4, which is comparatively leaner, with a better 'right' amount of sparkle in the upper frequency. The ME-1 has an early lift in the midrange, instead of the upper-mid, making it sound less airy/sweet than the i4. I like the ME-1 more for listening to electronic, and pop music, where the emphasis on the sub-bass makes them sound more enjoyable, and fun. Both are special in their own way. The ME-1 fit better to my ears, and is more comfortable than the i4. For the price, the ME-1 goes the extra mile here with their packaging, and accessories.

P_20171002_173306.jpg

P_20171003_163323.jpg
Nice comparison , the me.1 looks more beautiful than i4,
how about the soundstage and imaging between the two , some people says that i4 has the best soundstage just like an full sizr open headphone .

Oct 6, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #119 of 381
how about the soundstage and imaging between the two , some people says that i4 has the best soundstage just like an full sizr open headphone .
I only compared them briefly, so not sure. But the i4 for me has the bigger soundstage, while imaging both are not far off. Just the tone mostly are different between those two. They're both technically very good IEMs IMO.

Oct 6, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #120 of 381

The soundstage of the i4 is outstanding, unfortunately the me.1 is a level below.
The sound signature of the 2 iems are very different, for the me.1 I adjusted the EQ while I need to do it for the i4.

I feel the bass of the me.1 is a little subdue, this makes the male vocals more recessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back