Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Aug 19, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #2 of 381
IMG_4164.JPG i vastly preferred it over to the entire audeze iem line during an audition yesterday. i have a feeling that it is something special ...

IMG_4165.JPG

planar iem done right! open like a cleaner, less dark LCD 2.2, afaik, no weirdness. they are big but uncomfortably so. One thing it got very right is its sense of scale, it really sounds "big"* if it slams harder with moar subbass, i'd consider it a spiritual descendant of the sony ex800st. really like it.

would get it in a heartbeat if i want an open iem. under 700$ usd, comes with a seriously well built 8 braid cable. what's not to like. Not usually a fan of chi-fi i am impressed by the tuning skillz of unique melody, looking forward to trying more of their line up.

(ymmv, and fwiw, i'm a former LCD-X owner)

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #4 of 381
i vastly preferred it over to the entire audeze iem line during an audition yesterday. i have a feeling that it is something special ...

planar iem done right! open like a cleaner, less dark LCD 2.2, afaik, no weirdness. they are big but uncomfortably so. One thing it got very right is its sense of scale, it really sounds "big"* if it slams harder with moar subbass, i'd consider it a spiritual descendant of the sony ex800st. really like it.

would get it in a heartbeat if i want an open iem. under 700$ usd, comes with a seriously well built 8 braid cable. what's not to like. Not usually a fan of chi-fi i am impressed by the tuning skillz of unique melody, looking forward to trying more of their line up.

(ymmv, and fwiw, i'm a former LCD-X owner)
It's looks so cool, am really like the open back iems ,
can you please share some more technical information of these or post a link where i can get more informations , thanks .

Aug 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 381
Last edited:
Aug 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 381
Heard this at Canjam NYC, and have been waiting excitedly for its release. Really trying to get one of these!

Aug 24, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #10 of 381
they are available in china and hk for now, they are indeed keenly priced.

yes, I contact the customer service, I might place an order for one set.

These are the prices and colors:
The universal price is USD799
The customs IEM price is USD1099
We can make it for four color black, blue,red,purple.

Aug 24, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #12 of 381
Can somebody share his thoughts about the sound signature of these as he listen/experience in the exhibition .. ..

At the CanJam NYC they had 2 versions with different signatures, the one I listened for few minutes (I had to go and I could not spend too much time) didn't really convinced me, but as far as I know they made several improvements in the last few months.
At that time the Audeze isine20 was way better.

Sep 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 381
I've got my unit few days ago and marked me as impressed.
First impression builtwise it feels more premium than the the Audeze planar IEM line. Honestly when I look at this they remind me more of the Audeze planar headphone than when I look at Audeze IEM.

Now in terms of fit I find them less comfortable than the Audeze. However long term I found the Audeze over the ear hooks painful.

Now in terms of sound for me (without using DSP and bare in mind this is just based on an hour A/B testing in a store) it best the iSine 20/10 however the iSine cost less than the ME.1. In terms of transparency and speed the LCDi4 best the ME.1

Now in terms of isolation ME.1 best the three Audeze IEM.

Now what makes things even more exciting ME.1 comes in custom form, now for home usage I am more than happy to live just with ME.1 and HUGO if they were my only two product I get to keep. Now I am tempted to get the custom form however I do want to review the universal as I know more people will be interested in the universal form.

More to come later.

Sep 10, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #14 of 381
I've got my unit few days ago and marked me as impressed.
First impression builtwise it feels more premium than the the Audeze planar IEM line. Honestly when I look at this they remind me more of the Audeze planar headphone than when I look at Audeze IEM.

Now in terms of fit I find them less comfortable than the Audeze. However long term I found the Audeze over the ear hooks painful.

Now in terms of sound for me (without using DSP and bare in mind this is just based on an hour A/B testing in a store) it best the iSine 20/10 however the iSine cost less than the ME.1. In terms of transparency and speed the LCDi4 best the ME.1

Now in terms of isolation ME.1 best the three Audeze IEM.

Now what makes things even more exciting ME.1 comes in custom form, now for home usage I am more than happy to live just with ME.1 and HUGO if they were my only two product I get to keep. Now I am tempted to get the custom form however I do want to review the universal as I know more people will be interested in the universal form.

More to come later.
Congratulations to have such a nice stuff ,
Please share some impressions of sound signature of these babies ( bass,mids,treble,soundstage).
If it is possible please also post some pics , thanks .

Sep 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #15 of 381
Just a small update: at higher volumes I hear the treble little too energetic and it appears to be source dependent.

I think maybe while you don't need an amp to get an idea how the ME.1 sound however they ME.1 require steady source of current to remain stable.
Maybe sensitive to sources with poor IMD measurements, more to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back