Unique Melody Flagships--Mason & Mentor Announcement and Impression Thread
May 19, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #166 of 377
I have gotten the red halo Fe for around 3 weeks. I really enjoy it so far. It is so realistic sounding and musical that I think it is as good if not better than my desktop setup. I also concluded that I liked it much more than my EE Odin and sold my Odin last week. I have been using it with an old Cayin N8 on solid state mode. While I enjoy the sound very much, I am wondering if the latest Dap will serve the Red Halo better. What DAP are you Red Halo owners pairing your pair with? What are some good combination which you can recommend? Thanks in advance!

May 19, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #167 of 377
I paired mine with N8ii, also tried with with M9. N8ii suits my preference better although full disclosure, I sold my FE. They're probably the best ive heard for what they do right but I require a more jack of all IEM.

May 19, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #169 of 377
photo_2022-05-19_21-21-59.jpg

I use sp2000 to C9. Soundstage king for me. 1960s 4-wire interconnect makes the soundstage even larger, and its clarity cleans up some of that double-amping haze I get (because sp2000 doesn't have a line out, not really). Double-amping aside, this is an absolutely jaw-dropping source for anything I throw at it, red halo fs included. I wonder if with n8ii I could get a similar soundstage w/o double-amping? Probably a bit smaller, the 1960s interconnect is doing as lot of the work here, making the sound more 3d. Still curious to hear these (and trailli+orpheus) with n8ii.

I prefer this to lp p6 pro (too thick) and just sp2000 (too clinical)

May 19, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #170 of 377
what is inside that warrants a $8K price for an IEM? does it have something like pure Rhodium drivers for example since Rhodium costs $16K per oz or maybe a less expensive metal like Iridium which is around $5K an oz? what can possibly justify a cost of $8K?
?

Last edited:
May 19, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #172 of 377
Thanks for making me feel like the special 8000 dollar Red Halo w PW First Times I just ordered -- and havent even heard yet -- is inferior to this new one, which is even specialler! DESPITE the fact that I even already *have* the Orpheus cable and could just put that on that Red Halo and by any logic get the same sound as Le Jardin ( great name btw).

:D :D :D

Oh hi-fi... I guess this means UM think the Orpheus and Red Halo are complementary? Can't wait to hear them.

To be clear, I'm not angry or anything, you guys make good iems and they look pretty, it's just funny how you can make me feel fomo even if I'm technically not missing out -- if anything, I'll get this *and* the cool red First Times cable. Bu still! ITS NOT ALL BLUE AND VIOLET!
Actually, I think you should feel just the opposite. Why? Because there are only 3 differences and they are mostly cosmetic. I don't need a custom version of Red Halo FE and I much prefer how the Red Halo FE looks to Le Jardin. And, I have no desire to own an Orpheus cable since the First Times cable I have with it is perfect for my needs.

I can say this, the Red Halo FE is my favorite IEM and independent of its aesthetics and price, it will likely sound spectacularly good.

May 19, 2022 at 7:05 PM Post #173 of 377
Actually, I think you should feel just the opposite. Why? Because there are only 3 differences and they are mostly cosmetic. I don't need a custom version of Red Halo FE and I much prefer how the Red Halo FE looks to Le Jardin. And, I have no desire to own an Orpheus cable since the First Times cable I have with it is perfect for my needs.

I can say this, the Red Halo FE is my favorite IEM and independent of its aesthetics and price, it will likely sound spectacularly good.
I love the FE's design as well. Red is also my favorite color (so I tried to stay away from the stock market lol). Le Jardin is just one more option for people who missed RH, and who loves more romantic colors.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 19, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #175 of 377

Hi HiFiHawaii808, may I know what you use to pair your Red Halo? I see that you own quite a number of DAPs, which is your favourite combination? Thanks!

May 19, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #177 of 377
photo_2022-05-19_21-21-59.jpg

I use sp2000 to C9. Soundstage king for me. 1960s 4-wire interconnect makes the soundstage even larger, and its clarity cleans up some of that double-amping haze I get (because sp2000 doesn't have a line out, not really). Double-amping aside, this is an absolutely jaw-dropping source for anything I throw at it, red halo fs included. I wonder if with n8ii I could get a similar soundstage w/o double-amping? Probably a bit smaller, the 1960s interconnect is doing as lot of the work here, making the sound more 3d. Still curious to hear these (and trailli+orpheus) with n8ii.

I prefer this to lp p6 pro (too thick) and just sp2000 (too clinical)
What pouch is that?

May 19, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #178 of 377
8k ... gives me one Utopia or one Abyss AB-1266tc with a top DAC/AMP. I am not sure if we navigate real water here anymore. Sorry, I am out.
I bought my Red Halo Fe used, but in great condition, for a fairly good price which was not too far from what I paid previously for EE Odin. I agree the retail price is hard to stomach, and I hope it will the price of IEMs is not continuing this upward trend despite the advancement in the music production quality of the IEMs.

May 19, 2022 at 10:16 PM Post #180 of 377
lol an $8,000 IEM, UM has come a long way since I bought their Miracle v1 for $800.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Back