Unique Melody Flagships--Mason & Mentor Announcement and Impression Thread
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #151 of 377
But...

1650138569325.png

1650138639100.png

Both designs care called "fabled sound". :D

Do I understand correctly that the red-filled cactus one that's like Mason FS is the "regular" Red Halo and the new jewel-like one with the whole cable red is the FS (fabled sound version) of the Red Halo?

Incredibly complicated,

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #152 of 377
Lol, they're both expensive! Both limited to 20 units, share the same drivers.

Mason FS Red Halo - has the same shell construction as FS (think is was resin and wood?) and came with First Times shielded.

Mason FS Red Halo FE - carbon fibre shells, pine face plates and came with Attila shielded.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #155 of 377
Red Halo Now Has a New Brother-- Mason Le Jardin

Le Jardin--The Garden, is our newest revision of the greatest Mason Red Halo. Both Le Jardin and Red Halo are sharing the same technology inside. Both of them are having the TOTL Silver-Palladium alloy piezoelectric bone conduction driver.

However, there are still some new things that come with the Le Jardin:

1. Le Jardin is available in the CIEM version (limited order)
2. Le Jardin comes with the newly developed flagship-level cable from PW Audio-- Meet Again (many thanks to Peter!!!). Meet Again is based on the most well-known cable in the audiophile world--Orpheus, which off-course will offer you an unbelievable soundstage and imaging.
3. Le Jardin comes with the new Trinity Resin which mingled red-blue-purple 3 colors. They are aesthetically stunning!

PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgWeChat Image_20220512225045.jpg

Le Jardin is now available at Musicteck!!!

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 13, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #156 of 377
Red Halo Now Has a New Brother-- Mason Le Jardin

Le Jardin--The Garden, is our newest revision of the greatest Mason Red Halo. Both Le Jardin and Red Halo are sharing the same technology inside. Both of them are having the TOTL Silver-Palladium alloy piezoelectric bone conduction driver.

However, there are still some new things that come with the Le Jardin:

1. Le Jardin is available in the CIEM version (limited order)
2. Le Jardin comes with the newly developed flagship-level cable from PW Audio-- Meet Again (many thanks to Peter!!!). Meet Again is based on the most well-known cable in the audiophile world--Orpheus, which off-course will offer you an unbelievable soundstage and imaging.
3. Le Jardin comes with the new Trinity Resin which mingled red-blue-purple 3 colors. They are aesthetically stunning!

PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgWeChat Image_20220512225045.jpg

Le Jardin is now available at Musicteck!!!
Thanks for making me feel like the special 8000 dollar Red Halo w PW First Times I just ordered -- and havent even heard yet -- is inferior to this new one, which is even specialler! DESPITE the fact that I even already *have* the Orpheus cable and could just put that on that Red Halo and by any logic get the same sound as Le Jardin ( great name btw).

:D :D :D

Oh hi-fi... I guess this means UM think the Orpheus and Red Halo are complementary? Can't wait to hear them.

To be clear, I'm not angry or anything, you guys make good iems and they look pretty, it's just funny how you can make me feel fomo even if I'm technically not missing out -- if anything, I'll get this *and* the cool red First Times cable. Bu still! ITS NOT ALL BLUE AND VIOLET!

May 13, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #157 of 377
They say that the Meet Again cable is "based on" the Orpheus. The First Times is also marketed as "based on" the Orpheus. What we have here is probably a FT dressed in blue.

May 14, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #159 of 377
i have to admit the 3 color shell does look stunning though.

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #160 of 377
Wonder if there's any tuning difference between this and RH FE?

May 16, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #161 of 377
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
May 18, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #163 of 377
So today was my first day with Red Halo fs (the one w First Times cable) and my first impression is: holy wow. It isn't equally impressive with every recording, but when it works, the bone conduction 3d effect is absolutely spellbinding. And utterly unique. I thought this would be a Mason with an oval wide soundstage, like a trailli mason hybrid. Nope. This is its own thing. It's very INTRACRANIAL but at the same time huge. A perfectly recorded low cello can make my whole skull hum like nothing I've ever heard before. In my life. Like, never felt this sensation before. A good seal is important for the conduction to work, and certain frequencies (low mid and high bass) are where it works best. And when it does, oh boy. Strange heaven.

Havent compared to Mason yet but feels a little different, very 3d and soundstagey, whereas Mason is about natural sound for me. (But 3d in its own way, again, dont expect trailli.) Wouldnt call this a Mason retuning, definitely. But they do also have a lot in common.

Also, again first impression and not a lot of comparisons, but detail retrieval on this beats anything I've ever heard. We're really getting microscopic hairs of sound here.

Most curiously though -- Orpheus does not improve this. First Times is where the buck stops w the Red Halo, it's just perfect for it. The fabled sound really is fabled this time. Orpheus takes from detail retrieval and u want the red boy to be as revealing as possible. Orpheus also lessens the bone conduction effect to my ears a bit.

Very very interesting IEM this. Downside -- some recordings have been less wow with the bone show (but still incredibly detailed)

Last edited:
May 18, 2022 at 8:10 PM Post #164 of 377
So today was my first day with Red Halo fs (the one w First Times cable) and my first impression is: holy wow. It isn't equally impressive with every recording, but when it works, the bone conduction 3d effect is absolutely spellbinding. And utterly unique. I thought this would be a Mason with an oval wide soundstage, like a trailli mason hybrid. Nope. This is its own thing. It's very INTRACRANIAL but at the same time huge. A perfectly recorded low cello can make my whole skull hum like nothing I've ever heard before. In my life. Like, never felt this sensation before. A good seal is important for the conduction to work, and certain frequencies (low mid and high bass) are where it works best. And when it does, oh boy. Strange heaven.

Havent compared to Mason yet but feels a little different, very 3d and soundstagey, whereas Mason is about natural sound for me. (But 3d in its own way, again, dont expect trailli.) Wouldnt call this a Mason retuning, definitely. But they do also have a lot in common.

Also, again first impression and not a lot of comparisons, but detail retrieval on this beats anything I've ever heard. We're really getting microscopic hairs of sound here.

Most curiously though -- Orpheus does not improve this. First Times is where the buck stops w the Red Halo, it's just perfect for it. The fabled sound really is fabled this time. Orpheus takes from detail retrieval and u want the red boy to be as revealing as possible. Orpheus also lessens the bone conduction effect to my ears a bit.

Very very interesting IEM this. Downside -- some recordings have been less wow with the bone show (but still incredibly detailed)
My current favorite IEM. Well, I have the Red Halo FE with First Times.

May 18, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #165 of 377

ye the new 21 layers silver-palladium BCD is a real revolution over the revolutionary bone conduction drivers. I was also shocked at the first time I put them in my ears. The fabled sound is beyond real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back