Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM
Mar 28, 2018 at 7:45 PM Post #331 of 338
I added a pairing analysis for UM Martian and Cayin N5ii :)

Also photos because UM Martian is beauty :)

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_65.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_66.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_68.jpg

Audiophile_Heaven_Cayin_N5ii_Review_Photo_69.jpg

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #332 of 338
I am blown away by the UM Martians, they have far more clarity and soundstage than by beloved Audeze iSine 10's. I put on the smaller foam tips and they fit in my ear like a glove.. Btw.. which are the best tips to wear? I noticed that the foam tips can get dirty from the ear wax and you can't scrub them like other types of tips. The cable never weighs down my ears and the bass is just about up to my beloved Audeze standards. Thanks to crinacle for his IEM ranking list. These iem are soo easy to power through my Pioneer XDP 300R's and wearing these while I worked out at the gym they never fell out! They have a good carrying case that fits in your pocket.. What else is there to say?

Jul 9, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #333 of 338
I am blown away by the UM Martians, they have far more clarity and soundstage than by beloved Audeze iSine 10's. I put on the smaller foam tips and they fit in my ear like a glove.. Btw.. which are the best tips to wear? I noticed that the foam tips can get dirty from the ear wax and you can't scrub them like other types of tips. The cable never weighs down my ears and the bass is just about up to my beloved Audeze standards. Thanks to crinacle for his IEM ranking list. These iem are soo easy to power through my Pioneer XDP 300R's and wearing these while I worked out at the gym they never fell out! They have a good carrying case that fits in your pocket.. What else is there to say?

I also loved the sound and fit with the foam tips :)

Spinfit tips also work well for me :)

Agred, they are lovely, iSine 20 are quite different in signature, and I haven't heard isine10, but Martians are more U-shaped and tighter than iSine 20 in their default state :)

Jul 12, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #336 of 338
I picked up the Spinfit CP100-S(Small) and it fits perfectly on the IEM and in my ears. I've noticed that I hear some micro details in my fav songs that I hadn't heard before even with my LCD 2-C and DT 1990 Pro. I got a balanced cable for it so I'll see how it goes.

Feb 6, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #337 of 338
Seems like the thread has not been active for a while, but I thought I would be getting the best response here. I see that these are selling now for 500$ new!!
Unfortunately, not too many reviews for this. (most of them are old except @Dobrescu George's fantastic review).

I would really appreciate if you guys can help clarify the two doubts, I had in mind:.

1. How well do these isolate ? I saw only one review which highlighted the isolation in particular, and compared it with Ety (claimed noise isolation of -30 to -35 db or more) (again Dobrescu George's). But, some others seem to compare it with a well-sealed CA Andromeda, which I found to offer much less isolation than even Massdrop Plus (-26 dB, which interestingly is what i found in the spec sheet in musictech store for UM Martian, but not listed anywhere else)
2. How do you think it performs against others in the 500-800$ range in 2019? (like Acoustune HS1650, QDC 4SS, Kumitate KL-Sirius, iBasso IT04) in terms of technicalities , depth and imaging. I understand that the ones I've listed are having diff sound signatures, but just wanted to get a better idea on how competitive they are in the current landscape.

I prefer a neutral to slightly brighter tonality in HP's, but with IEM's esp when traveling, find that an extra bass bump doesn't hurt. (as long as it doesn't bleed into the mids) , and have found CA Andromeda - ZX2 combination to be the best amongst all the IEM's, I have heard. (even over the more expensive IEMs in the JH-Audio/Noble/CA lineup). Unfortunately, CA Andromeda's isolation was not as good, as I was looking for.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #338 of 338
Between these, the Massdrop x Noble Kaizer10, and the iBasso IT04, which would be ideal for technical metal genres?
For these I typically prefer quality over quantity for the bass (I do want to hear it, but I am not a basshead), very clear and non-recessed mids (for those technical guitar riffs and vocals), and inoffensive treble (to avoid risks of sibilance on bright tracks, improve long-term comfort, and improve clarity of more melodic passages).

Comfort is paramount to me, as I have fit issues (typically I can only really fit thin-nozzle IEMs like Westones, though I am starting to find some better tips for me on other type of soundtubes too), on top of that sound signature requirements...

Source will be phone with an AudioQuest Dragonfly Red, playing Spotify (highest quality both for streaming and downloaded contents).

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back