Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM
Jun 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #32 of 338
Jun 1, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #33 of 338
I'd not classify the Martian as a neutral or flat frequency response, I'd say the Maestro and Miracle lean that direction more. Initial impressions would be of a midcentric signature with very nice deep bass punch without any upper bass creep. The midrange is impressively clear with a more forward and intimate presentation than the Maestro. Treble is a bit on the polite side but still articulate and crisp, so it stays true to the UM house sound.

I happen to have the Oriolus in the house at the same time and I'd take the Martian over it for better clarity, transparency and balance. The Oriolus sounds pretty thick and its bass lingers a lot longer and just can't give the evocative vocal of the Martian.

Also the Martian shells are smaller than the Maestro and Miracle were, and the Oriolus for that matter. They still stick out but less so.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #34 of 338
If you happen to stay in Singapore and auditon UM at the local headphone store then the flagship exclusive Legacy here should sound more neutral than the miracle. Too bad its only available in Singapore...

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #35 of 338
If you happen to stay in Singapore and auditon UM at the local headphone store then the flagship exclusive Legacy here should sound more neutral than the miracle. Too bad its only available in Singapore...

When they available for Martin as well?
If in stock, just nice when I am free will go and try it out :)

Anyway I love Merlin more than top line IEMs from UM

Jun 2, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #38 of 338
Jun 28, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #44 of 338

Users who are viewing this thread

Back