Unique Melody in Australia!
Sep 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cravenz

Headphoneus Supremus
It looks like we finally have a distributor in Australia for custom IEMs! Thought I'd post this for Australians out here who are looking for an alternative in customs and even for re-shelling our own IEMs. It's certainly nice to have this option around now and what seems great is that we have a demo program as well which is a nice touch for all those of us who are interested but ain't sure about taking the plunge.

I'd definitely be looking into getting a demo of them at some point myself
biggrin.gif
. I'm actually quite excited about this. I know I struggled to find custom makers in Australia and though this isn't exactly done in Australia, we at least have a middle person so to speak.

Anyhow, here's the link to the website: Unique Melody; just thought I'd share it with everyone! Doubt anyone has touched on this just yet!

Sep 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Awesome news, I was always wondering where to get custom IEM in australia....

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 11
Indeed, very good news!

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 11
Hi guys, 

Cheers Cravenz, thanks for the post and thread!

Any feedback/crits are very welcome.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away or email us!

We're a friendly bunch...i swear.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Is anyone planning to demo the entry, mage and miracles all at the same time? I don't think there's ever been an opportunity to compare multiple customs of the same line.

But where will I get $1000 to deposit...

Also do they have many demo's so that you don't have to wait very long or is it just a few?

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Is anyone planning to demo the entry, mage and miracles all at the same time? I don't think there's ever been an opportunity to compare multiple customs of the same line.

But where will I get $1000 to deposit...

Also do they have many demo's so that you don't have to wait very long or is it just a few?

I'm planning to do that, when I get some time.

Quote:
bungsai said:

Hi guys, 

Cheers Cravenz, thanks for the post and thread!

Any feedback/crits are very welcome.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away or email us!

We're a friendly bunch...i swear.

Hi Matt. You might need to contact the Admin and tell them you're a member of the trade (MOT). 

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #9 of 11
I know there are lots of chinese companies that make custom IEMs like cheap ear buds found here, considering you are charging a premium price for a product coming from China,could you please justify your price.

Oct 6, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
I know there are lots of chinese companies that make custom IEMs like cheap ear buds found here, considering you are charging a premium price for a product coming from China,could you please justify your price.

I'm pretty sure that UM Australia is pretty much doing a 1 for 1 price conversion (or close to), but at the same time, I believe their costs are inclusive of return shipping and a trip to the audiologist as well. That said, I am sure as a distributor they have to maintain some kind of profits. Their prices are already pretty close to what UM sells theirs at. I guess there is an underlying issue of what the actual cost price it is to the distributor in Australia, but that is business and I think it is fair game of them to actually have a cut of profits to be a middleman. I know many other Australian companies here that sell foreign products at exorbitant prices (double/triple) whereas here, UM Australia and UM themselves seem to be pretty much on par with each other on pricing.

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 11

Hey Volume, 

Fair question. There was a period of time that products coming from China bearing the "Made in China" tag lacked the confidence of buyers, but this has changed.

Many reputable products now come from China, (Apple, Sony, HP, Amazon, Nokia, Motorola, Nintendo, Microsoft, Dell and Cisco) from Foxconn alone.

It’d be great if you have a look at the Unique Melody Appreciation Thread as well as the Unique Melody Mage Appreciation Thread  to have a better understanding of the quality of the products that Unique Melody provides as I don’t believe it’d be fair for me to comment on this, though it is worth noting that Unique Melody sources their IEM drivers from the very same manufacturers that other reputable custom IEM makers source theirs from. 

In regards to your question about our pricing, we will be undertaking a price review in due course and we also welcome people to share their thoughts on our pricing via email.  Please bear in mind our costs include taxes, duties, international insurance and shipping as well as local insurance and shippinh and these costs are generally not included in the cost estimates that other custom IEM manufacturers quote. From our perspective, as a company, we will do our utmost to accommodate both your budget and your request.

Also, I am waiting for a reply from the Head-Fi administrators on what I am permitted to say without getting threads closed. Bearing this in mind, I may not respond till this is sorted. In the meantime, please feel free to email us!

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back