Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #5,551 of 7,302
Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #5,552 of 7,302
That is a shame, as I am finding out that IEM's are particularly much better at corrections with EQ, than normal headphones with single drivers..

Once you have an IEM that has top resolve, then all you need is EQ to your preference, as no IEM is perfect in signature for everyone.

I never really had much luck using EQ I find changing the other components in the chain worked better. Between cables tips and now tubes I can get closer to the sound I like. When using EQ with most source you loss bit perfect playback and I find when I make changes to the EQ setting I end up more frustrated than happy.
Everyone has different opinions on what sounds best if EQ works better for others that’s great. Just sharing my thoughts on it.

I notice there’s a few new Mest Mkii owners here so just wanted to mention that myself and others noticed the mest mkii sounds better once there burned in. I felt mine really opened up after around a 100 hours of playtime. Once you find right tips they really improves the sound.

Apr 25, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #5,553 of 7,302
That is a shame, as I am finding out that IEM's are particularly much better at corrections with EQ, than normal headphones with single drivers..

Once you have an IEM that has top resolve, then all you need is EQ to your preference, as no IEM is perfect in signature for everyone.
Whats an EQ?

Apr 26, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #5,557 of 7,302
Whats an EQ?
Sorry it’s short for equalizer. Many music apps have them built in. There also stand alone equalizers.

Epro tw01 is the new champion tip for mest mk2. Amazing resolution with this tip for me.
There also are my favorite, I knew when you ordered a set you would love them. With my ear shape they fit perfect, I also feel that along with the resolution improvement they really enhance the bone conduction aspect. It took trying a bunch of tips to find this one. Since then I haven’t had the desire or reason to try anything else there perfect for me.

@Hellhammer the Epro ep01 is different than the Epro tw01 I have the ep01 and the sound quality is slightly different along with the height of tip. Think most would agree they sound good I just couldn’t get the the best fit with ep01.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #5,559 of 7,302
Are you using S or M size? For me, going from S to M improved the bass significantly.
I just learned something new, wouldn’t have thought changing tip size would have changed the sound. Lately been more focus with tube rolling and have narrowed it down to a few pairs. This is one think I love about the mest it scales so well with the rest of sound chain.

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #5,560 of 7,302
@Hellhammer the Epro ep01 is different than the Epro tw01 I have the ep01 and the sound quality is slightly different along with the height of tip. Think most would agree they sound good I just couldn’t get the the best fit with ep01.

Just got them. You guys were right, I ended up preferring TW01 with both Indigo and MK2

EP01 just didn't fit as good and SQ wise I think I leaned more towards the TW01

I think TW01 is the best set of tips for MEST I've tried so far -- glad I listened to you guys :)

1651096846755.png

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #5,561 of 7,302
Just got them. You guys were right, I ended up preferring TW01 with both Indigo and MK2

EP01 just didn't fit as good and SQ wise I think I leaned more towards the TW01

I think TW01 is the best set of tips for MEST I've tried so far -- glad I listened to you guys :)

1651096846755.png
I love how they float in the ear

Apr 27, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #5,563 of 7,302
I switched back to the TW01 last night after a few weeks with the Final TWS and I think I might prefer the TW01. I really liked the Final but the TW01 is just a hair smoother I think.
I'm now very curious to see if anyone has experience with short tips like TW01 and custom MEST and can give some impressions on the differences

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #5,564 of 7,302
I switched back to the TW01 last night after a few weeks with the Final TWS and I think I might prefer the TW01. I really liked the Final but the TW01 is just a hair smoother I think.
That is exactly my conclusion as well. I was stuck on the final audio tws too but the tw01 is smoother. It cuts the treble peaks without losing detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back