Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
May 17, 2019 at 3:56 AM Post #391 of 553
20190517_155500.jpg Tried Maven in Singapore. Out of curiosity, shouldn't this come with a dual tone 4 pin cable? The Maven I tried came with a 2pin cable, exactly the same as mirage

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #392 of 553
Tried Maven in Singapore. Out of curiosity, shouldn't this come with a dual tone 4 pin cable? The Maven I tried came with a 2pin cable, exactly the same as mirage

The Mirage is standard with the 2 pin.

You have the option to choose between the two with the Maven :beerchug:

Sep 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #396 of 553
My video review of the Mirage (Maven is next)

My review of the Mirage will be up next week.

Very very impressed with it.

Glad to see you guys enjoying the units!

We'll have some pretty big updates for everyone pretty soon... ... We've been quiet but there's a good reason for it!

Sep 7, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #397 of 553
Glad to see you guys enjoying the units!

We'll have some pretty big updates for everyone pretty soon... ... We've been quiet but there's a good reason for it!

My UM ME.1 has a faulty left earpiece and my warranty ran out. Is there anything that could be done about that?

Sep 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #398 of 553
My UM ME.1 has a faulty left earpiece and my warranty ran out. Is there anything that could be done about that?

Definitely shoot an email to our lab at service@uniquemelody.org. it might come with a fee to repair, but if it's an easy fix, we might not even need to charge you anything.

Sep 7, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #400 of 553
Mason V3+ w/Effect Audio cable & redesigned dB-Go knob. Kind of looks like Janus, but 4-wire. Is this a Dual-Tone cable? Also, what's the "+" for? Details please.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #401 of 553
Mason V3+ w/Effect Audio cable & redesigned dB-Go knob. Kind of looks like Janus, but 4-wire. Is this a Dual-Tone cable? Also, what's the "+" for? Details please.

I wouldn't dare leave you guys hanging like that... More details to come real soon. There are quite a few fairly significant improvements, but the DNA remains the same :beerchug:

Sep 8, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #403 of 553
Hoping the cable is softer on ear. The cable ergonomics were my biggest critique of the Mason V3.

Just don't go releasing updates annually like smart phones and we cool. :wink:

Sep 8, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #405 of 553
Had the opportunity to demo the Mirage and Maven at Stereo. While I didn't get much time with the Maven, I did like the Mirage's bass response which had high accuracy and decay, and the trebles were crisp with little sibilance. Headroom was great too. Mid-range was sweet with intimate vocals, just how I like my music. There was a little scooped out region in the upper mid which stood out and felt slightly thin, but wasn't really much of an issue and was the pretty much the only noticeable weakness I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back