Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #331 of 553
I'm just gonna put 2 and 2 together, considering MusicTeck and Unique Melody are both among the Exhibitors in the upcoming CanJam NYC'19 :wink: Hopefully will hear it at the show!

Good observation there... Guess I'll be seeing you in a few months then my friend =)

Will these two be available in CIEM too? They look fantastic

The current plan for us is to fully commit to our titanium shells, as they are just better than traditional acrylic shells in SO many ways. As you can imagine, translating that to custom IEM's is a bit tricky. We'll have more info for you all regarding this as well as the future of UM soon. 2019 will be a big year for us!

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #332 of 553
Good observation there... Guess I'll be seeing you in a few months then my friend =)

The current plan for us is to fully commit to our titanium shells, as they are just better than traditional acrylic shells in SO many ways. As you can imagine, translating that to custom IEM's is a bit tricky. We'll have more info for you all regarding this as well as the future of UM soon. 2019 will be a big year for us!

It's awesome to see someone 3D printing titanium - read a lot over the last 18 months from companies like Flare Audio why titanium is such a good material for IEM shells due to its anti-resonance properties (and weight) - pretty cool to see it in the sort of designs you guys are rocking.

Really intrigued to hear more about the open and semi open BAs - are they along the same sort of lines as the 64 Audio open drivers, or something completely different?

So many questions! :wink:

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #336 of 553
Looks cool and I also quite like the sound of UM from a few that I have heard. Something to look forward to. Will you guys come to CanJam Singapore?

Dec 3, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #338 of 553
I thoroughly enjoyed the Mentor V3 that I was recently able to demo for a few weeks. Would be very interested to compare them with the Maven, and see how much of a difference Ti makes. Having worked in the Ti industry for many years, I have very high expectations.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #339 of 553
These look interesting. I've followed UM for a while but never found a product of yours that seemed quite to my taste. Perhaps one of these will change that :)

I won't be able to make CanJam NYC unfortunately. Any chance of an upcoming review tour?

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #340 of 553
Really intrigued to hear more about the open and semi open BAs - are they along the same sort of lines as the 64 Audio open drivers, or something completely different?

I was curious and wondered about the same thing a few posts earlier, but Cotinijoe said these are something a bit different.

Tia in 64A's stuff is truly spectacular, so curious to see how UM makes use of their evolved version of the standard ba drivers here...

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #341 of 553
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce everyone to the two newest members of the Unique Melody Family - The Maven and the Mirage!

MAVEN - The Expert

Utilizing techniques only made possible with the latest in 3D-printing technologies, our all-new ultra-thin titanium housing’s micro-structures creates and extremely durable shell while maintaining an incredibly light weight and intricate face plate design.

To create the Maven, Unique Melody developed new unique driver technologies in collaboration with Knowles and Sonion to create customized drivers exclusively designed for us to create the best sound possible out of our products. Our semi-open tuning unit gives us the power to tune the Maven to a sharp degree of precision, allowing for a more natural and correct tonality.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency response range: 20Hz-25KHz
Sensitivity: @1KHz 108dB
Impedance: 26Ω
Driver Count: 11BA
Crossover: 4-way crossover system
Driver Configuration: 4 low + 2 mid range + 4 high +1 custom semi-open tuning unit

Estimated MSRP: 2,000 USD

MIRAGE - The illusionist

Don’t be fooled by the “mere” 3 drivers that are core to the Mirage’s design. Utilizing a unique customized open driver for its mid range, the Mirage offers formidable performance despite its smaller stature.

With the same 3D-printed ultra-thin titanium shells as the Maven, albeit with a different exterior design, you can expect the same lightweight, comfortable, yet sturdy shell. With each iteration of our products, we’ve aimed to improve the comfort and durability of our products. With these latest releases, you can expect the best that Unique Melody has to offer when it comes to a beautiful, yet pragmatic design.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency response range: 20Hz-20KHz
Sensitivity: @1KHz 104dB
Impedance: 23Ω
Driver Count: 3BA
Crossover: 3-way crossover system
Driver Configuration: 1 low +1 custom open mid range +1 high

Estimated MSRP: 1,000 USD

Hooolyyyy BUCKETS! Man, and here I thought my Mentor V3 would be the last UM purchase for a good long time...ya right...Those look really, REALLY interesting. Wow, just wow. UM keeps us jumping and the others honest, well done!

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #343 of 553
Beautiful

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #344 of 553
These look interesting. I've followed UM for a while but never found a product of yours that seemed quite to my taste. Perhaps one of these will change that :)

I won't be able to make CanJam NYC unfortunately. Any chance of an upcoming review tour?

I'm still waiting for the demo units to make it state side haha. Hopefully we can get them in soon. I'll definitely look to give a few people the opportunity to try them out if possible =)

Dec 4, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #345 of 553
Looks just like this IEM I found on TaoBao a couple months back
FKe3NxW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back