Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #316 of 553
The Mentor V3 at $1599 is a steal. I like it better than the Mason V3, and picked one up earlier this year. It...is...stellar...

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #317 of 553
how bout the UM Universal 3DD-Ti i do not see any info about it

how would miracle compare to mason

In terms of signature, whats most obvious is that the Mason has a sweeter and slightly more forward midrange. Most people really enjoy the tonality and engaging nature if the Mason's midrange. Some do find it a bit too forward for their preference, but I've yet to have someone say to me that its to a fault. Of the lineup, the Mason is easily my favorite in terms of tonality, timbre, and tuning. That makes sense, of course, since I was one of the few voices that were heard in tuning the unit.

The Miracle, on the other hand, was a piece that was incredibly well received during the years of its inception as a reference piece. The classic "Jack of all trades, master of none." the biggest criticism was that the midrange was just a bit too bland. Thus, with the Miracle V2, that was addressed while maintaining the Miracle V2 identity and DNA as a reference piece. The unit's core concept has been around for a while now - since 2011 or so i believe. But with updates and improvements to the unit, it's certainly kept up with the shifting market and maintains the spot as one of the best value props within our lineup. Does it compete with the Mason technically, absolutely not. The Mason is a cumulation of 10 years of experience and experimenting. The Mason is honestly quite a few leagues above the Miracle. As it should be.

The 3DD concept was always meant to be more of a head turner. Those who gravitate towards its signature will really fall for it, while it'll likely make quite a few enemies along the way as well. Its likely one of the bassiest products we've ever created, but we do try to maintain the core values of clarity and tonal correctness in mind and not let the signature deviate too far from a faithful reproduction of sound. Rwviews for the unit was unfortunately kind of slow getting out (You can blametme forfthat one...) but I think Marcus sums it up nicely. Definitely check it out if you have already!

And, of course, feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. I'm on Head-Fi too much anyways... =P

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:06 AM Post #318 of 553
Nov 26, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #319 of 553
Hey everyone! For those that fell victim to food coma and didn't get their black Friday shopping done, MusicTeck's sale will continue until the end of today.

Any customization option will be available, so feel free to let us know if there's a look that you're looking for in particular!

Hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a great and safe weekend with family :beerchug:

46779827_287602255430496_2863981602831073280_n.jpg 46874568_500540260438685_6077140503478927360_n.jpg

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #320 of 553
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce everyone to the two newest members of the Unique Melody Family - The Maven and the Mirage!

MAVEN - The Expert
概念照.jpg 形象照.jpg

Utilizing techniques only made possible with the latest in 3D-printing technologies, our all-new ultra-thin titanium housing’s micro-structures creates and extremely durable shell while maintaining an incredibly light weight and intricate face plate design.

To create the Maven, Unique Melody developed new unique driver technologies in collaboration with Knowles and Sonion to create customized drivers exclusively designed for us to create the best sound possible out of our products. Our semi-open tuning unit gives us the power to tune the Maven to a sharp degree of precision, allowing for a more natural and correct tonality.
定制半开放调音单元.jpg 艺术照.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency response range: 20Hz-25KHz
Sensitivity: @1KHz 108dB
Impedance: 26Ω
Driver Count: 11BA
Crossover: 4-way crossover system
Driver Configuration: 4 low + 2 mid range + 4 high +1 custom semi-open tuning unit

Estimated MSRP: 2,000 USD

三维结构.jpg

MIRAGE - The illusionist
概念照.jpg 形象照.jpg

Don’t be fooled by the “mere” 3 drivers that are core to the Mirage’s design. Utilizing a unique customized open driver for its mid range, the Mirage offers formidable performance despite its smaller stature.

定制开放单元.jpg 艺术照.jpg

With the same 3D-printed ultra-thin titanium shells as the Maven, albeit with a different exterior design, you can expect the same lightweight, comfortable, yet sturdy shell. With each iteration of our products, we’ve aimed to improve the comfort and durability of our products. With these latest releases, you can expect the best that Unique Melody has to offer when it comes to a beautiful, yet pragmatic design.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Frequency response range: 20Hz-20KHz
Sensitivity: @1KHz 104dB
Impedance: 23Ω
Driver Count: 3BA
Crossover: 3-way crossover system
Driver Configuration: 1 low +1 custom open mid range +1 high

Estimated MSRP: 1,000 USD

模特照.jpg

Attachments

• 文案参考.txt
    417 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #321 of 553
Hi everyone. I'd like to introduce everyone to the two newest members of the Unique Melody Family - The Maven and the Mirage!

MAVEN - The Expert

Utilizing techniques only made possible with the latest in 3D-printing technologies, our all-new ultra-thin titanium housing’s micro-structures creates and extremely durable shell while maintaining an incredibly light weight and intricate faceplate design.

To create the Maven, Unique Melody developed new unique driver technologies in collaboration with Knowles and Sonion to create customized drivers exclusively designed for us to create the best sound possible out of our products. Our semi-open tuning unit gives us the power to tune the Maven to a sharp degree of precision, while the open driver design ensures that we are getting the best sound out of each and every one of our drivers.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Driver Configuration: 4 low + 2 mid range + 4 high +1 custom semi-open tuning unit

MIRAGE - The illusionist

Don’t be fooled by the “mere” 3 drivers that are core to the Mirage’s design. Utilizing a unique customized open driver for its mid range, the Mirage offers formidable performance despite its smaller stature.

With the same 3D-printed ultra-thin titanium shells as the Maven, albeit with a different exterior design, you can expect the same lightweight, comfortable, yet sturdy shell. With each iteration of our products, we’ve aimed to improve the comfort and durability of our products. With these latest releases, you can expect the best that Unique Melody has to offer when it comes to a beautiful, yet pragmatic design.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Awesome! Can't wait to hear what these two sound like. :D

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #322 of 553

Sweet Baby J, when will these be available?! UM is one of the few IEM makers that still gets me excited when they make an announcement.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #323 of 553
Sweet Baby J, when will these be available?! UM is one of the few IEM makers that still gets me excited when they make an announcement.

Really appreciate your support man! I hope we can continue to impress :ksc75smile:

They are available for pre-order directly through us now, and should be making their way to dealers pretty soon!

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #325 of 553

MAVEN - The Expert

Utilizing techniques only made possible with the latest in 3D-printing technologies, our all-new ultra-thin titanium housing’s micro-structures creates and extremely durable shell while maintaining an incredibly light weight and intricate face plate design.

To create the Maven, Unique Melody developed new unique driver technologies in collaboration with Knowles and Sonion to create customized drivers exclusively designed for us to create the best sound possible out of our products. Our semi-open tuning unit gives us the power to tune the Maven to a sharp degree of precision, allowing for a more natural and correct tonality.

SPECIFICATIONS:

MIRAGE - The illusionist

SPECIFICATIONS:

If they sound anywhere near as good as they look, you've got a pair of winners on your hands here! :D
Outstanding design, and I'm intrigued about the sound too :)

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #326 of 553
Never heard anything from UM, but these look interesting.

Cool to see more happening with "open" BA drivers.

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:43 PM Post #327 of 553
Never heard anything from UM, but these look interesting.

Cool to see more happening with "open" BA drivers.

Thanks for the support! We'll go into details regarding the special collaboration drivers, with Knowles in particular, pretty soon, as the open and semi-open drivers actually do vastly different things.

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #328 of 553
Looking forward to learning more about it!

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #329 of 553

I'm just gonna put 2 and 2 together, considering MusicTeck and Unique Melody are both among the Exhibitors in the upcoming CanJam NYC'19 :wink: Hopefully will hear it at the show!

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #330 of 553
Will these two be available in CIEM too? They look fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back