Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Oct 18, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #301 of 553
:deadhorse::deadhorse:WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNERRR!!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

@Cotnijoe I've heard the phrase thrown around a few times. It's certainly legitimate, just a humorous kind of phrase, and the context in which you used it here fits perfectly :)

Looking forward to hearing more about new stuff! I still miss the Mason v3 though, it was a hell of an IEM! :D

Finally, congrats to @betula :)
I'm obviously disappointed for myself lol, but I'm sure the 3DD-Ti is in good hands! All the best and let us know how it sounds :)

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #302 of 553
Not nearly enough piss and vinegar around here! Good on you for stating your values. Andromeda is a hell of an IEM.

I also understand the fit angle issue. I have to tug up on my ear to get a comfortable fit, but I get it.

I'm listening to the Mason v3 right now via the Soundaware M2Pro and it is one of the most sublime pairings I've heard. The Mason v3 exposes source limitations readily, so this definitely isn't something to just play off a phone.
When I first listened to them straight from my Shanling M1 they sounded very disappointing. Only after I plugged them into the iDSD and Ragnarok I heard what other people were so enthusiastic about so I'd say they need a serious source to really shine. On the other hand though it's reasonable to assume that a person who spends $2500 on a pair of IEMs already has a serious source so I'm not holding that against them

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #303 of 553
You'd be s
When I first listened to them straight from my Shanling M1 they sounded very disappointing. Only after I plugged them into the iDSD and Ragnarok I heard what other people were so enthusiastic about so I'd say they need a serious source to really shine. On the other hand though it's reasonable to assume that a person who spends $2500 on a pair of IEMs already has a serious source so I'm not holding that against them
You might be surprised. There are plenty of people who have argued that spending on a source better than their phone is a waste of money because money should be spent on expensive in-ear instead, not in addition.

I don't hold that position.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #304 of 553
You'd be s
You might be surprised. There are plenty of people who have argued that spending on a source better than their phone is a waste of money because money should be spent on expensive in-ear instead, not in addition.

I don't hold that position.
But such argument indirectly implies that there is no difference between a phone and a quality source which is just plain wrong.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #305 of 553
But such argument indirectly implies that there is no difference between a phone and a quality source which is just plain wrong.
IL_CJA_220177rockchoir_01.jpg

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #306 of 553
Hello friends and all! For the turkey lovers out there, or just those that like a good deal (Who doesn't?), I just wanted to point you guys towards MusicTeck's upcoming Black Friday sale.

They'll have a few UM units on sale, so if you've been looking to grab a unit from us, this might be a good time for you to so do!

https://www.musicteck.com/2018-black-friday-sale

3DD_-EN-010_1024x1024.jpg

Nov 20, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #307 of 553
Hello friends and all! For the turkey lovers out there, or just those that like a good deal (Who doesn't?), I just wanted to point you guys towards MusicTeck's upcoming Black Friday sale.

They'll have a few UM units on sale, so if you've been looking to grab a unit from us, this might be a good time for you to so do!

always been interested in one of UM iems, which one is full bodied sounding with great controlled bass, and perfect full mids for vocals that are not recessed, with good highs, and great sound stage something that is joy to listen to without being harsh or sharp sounding, which one to pick. I listen to all genres except classical

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #308 of 553

how come it does not show any discount when you add the mason v3 to the cart at all

Nov 20, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #309 of 553
how come it does not show any discount when you add the mason v3 to the cart at all

I would imagine because it's not Thanksgiving or Black Friday yet.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #312 of 553
always been interested in one of UM iems, which one is full bodied sounding with great controlled bass, and perfect full mids for vocals that are not recessed, with good highs, and great sound stage something that is joy to listen to without being harsh or sharp sounding, which one to pick. I listen to all genres except classical

@Sound Eq I would suggest the Mason v3. I reviewed it previously as part of a review tour, and for my personal tastes, it had the best bass I'd ever heard on a BA-only IEM.
Note that I do not mean 'greatest amount of bass'; rather, I just feel the way in which it was implemented was done perfectly.
All other qualities of the sound signature were outstanding to me too. I have a bit of sensitivity to sharp treble, and never had any issues on this IEM.
To be honest, they were really superb and I have no hesitation in recommending them wholeheartedly. That's my personal opinion of course, with all the usual disclaimers this implies :)

I think I reviewed it back in April, and I still think longingly about the Mason v3 to this day, and if I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat :)
Hope this helps!

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #313 of 553
@Sound Eq I would suggest the Mason v3. I reviewed it previously as part of a review tour, and for my personal tastes, it had the best bass I'd ever heard on a BA-only IEM.
Note that I do not mean 'greatest amount of bass'; rather, I just feel the way in which it was implemented was done perfectly.
All other qualities of the sound signature were outstanding to me too. I have a bit of sensitivity to sharp treble, and never had any issues on this IEM.
To be honest, they were really superb and I have no hesitation in recommending them wholeheartedly. That's my personal opinion of course, with all the usual disclaimers this implies :)

I think I reviewed it back in April, and I still think longingly about the Mason v3 to this day, and if I had the money I'd buy it in a heartbeat :)
Hope this helps!

I'd definitely say that this is pretty accurate. I would definitely recommend the Mason V3 as the best all-rounder within our lineup, with probably the Miracle as the second unit tuned more for that. I'd say the Mentor probably wouldn't be the best fit, as I also have a bit more sensitivity to treble and that unit's a bit bright for my personal taste. Of course, a lot of people like the sense of spaciousness you get with a V-shaped signature as well.

Currently, the gap between most of our lineup and our 2 flagship units is pretty large. We'll be looking to fill that gap in a bit the coming year or so. Be on the lookout for some sneak peeks :beerchug:

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #314 of 553
I'd definitely say that this is pretty accurate. I would definitely recommend the Mason V3 as the best all-rounder within our lineup, with probably the Miracle as the second unit tuned more for that. I'd say the Mentor probably wouldn't be the best fit, as I also have a bit more sensitivity to treble and that unit's a bit bright for my personal taste. Of course, a lot of people like the sense of spaciousness you get with a V-shaped signature as well.

Currently, the gap between most of our lineup and our 2 flagship units is pretty large. We'll be looking to fill that gap in a bit the coming year or so. Be on the lookout for some sneak peeks :beerchug:

how bout the UM Universal 3DD-Ti i do not see any info about it

how would miracle compare to mason

Nov 21, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #315 of 553
how bout the UM Universal 3DD-Ti i do not see any info about it

how would miracle compare to mason

I haven't heard the Miracle, so I can't comment on that personally.
But regarding the 3DD-Ti, Cotnijoe posted a 3rd party review of it a few posts back.
However, based on this review (and few other impressions I've heard on Head-Fi), it would not be what you are looking for.
By all accounts it's excellent, but definitely aiming more towards being musical and engaging with a V-shaped signature, rather than reference.
From the previous review:

"If you are expecting reference then look the other way because the 3DD-Ti is an unabashedly fun sounding and very musical experience. This is a decidedly V-shaped presentation with a solid emphasis on rumbling sub-bass presence and power combined with a heightened upper midrange/lower treble energy and sparkle.

Mids take second place in terms of instrumental positioning and thickness. The timbre is on the cooler leaner side though so recessed, yes, but veiled a definite no. There is plenty of clarity in the 3DD-Ti performance so I would never describe this as dark or boomy congested signature."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back