Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Oct 3, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #286 of 553
Mason/Mentor summer tours must be over now. Any news about winners of the 3DD?
Hi everybody! There were some delays along the way due to folks travelling and the unpredictability of international couriers. :wink:

I don't pick winners, but I can tell you when I've gotten the tour units back. Mason V3 is with me now and I'm waiting on the Mentor V3. I think we should give the folks on the tour who haven't finished their reviews some time. No review no prize, so get crackin'.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #287 of 553
What is soon? It has been 10 days since your comment. Why is it so hard to pick a name from the bunch of reviewers? With all respect.

The tour's only been completed the past week or so. We're just giving the last guys some time to finish up their thoughts on the unit now.

Oct 10, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #290 of 553
Hey all! Big thanks to the guys that dropped by at RMAF to say hi. I was honestly surprised at the number of people that kept me company during the show and spent some time trying out the Mason and Mentor I had around.

I'm just doing some catch up work now after the show and I was told that the last few guys in EU are finishing up their thoughts on the tour units, so hopefully we'll have a winner announced by next week. Apologies again for the delay and best of luck to those looking win a UM unit for themselves!

Oct 10, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #291 of 553
Hey all! Big thanks to the guys that dropped by at RMAF to say hi. I was honestly surprised at the number of people that kept me company during the show and spent some time trying out the Mason and Mentor I had around.

I'm just doing some catch up work now after the show and I was told that the last few guys in EU are finishing up their thoughts on the tour units, so hopefully we'll have a winner announced by next week. Apologies again for the delay and best of luck to those looking win a UM unit for themselves!

Great news! Fingers crossed! Best of luck to everyone (but especially to myself, haha) :D

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #292 of 553
Just submitted my review (available here). Sorry for the massive delay and sorry for pissing on the parade.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #294 of 553
Just submitted my review (available here). Sorry for the massive delay and sorry for pissing on the parade.

Always appreciate the honesty and thank you for taking the time to put the Mason through its paces. The one thing I will say is that if it's sitting too snugly against your ears, you might need to either switch to a bigger size tip or a different set of tips altogether.

Oct 17, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #295 of 553
:deadhorse::deadhorse:WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNERRR!!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Ok... well I recently heard that for the first time somewhere and my reaction was, "who the hell actually says that?" Let me know if that's a normal thing for someone to just randomly drop. Asking for a friend, of course.

In other more important news, that doesn't involve my weird attempt at understanding a phrase, the person that will be taking home a 3DD-Ti is @betula !

Please just reach out to me and we can work out the deets!

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to test and review the Mason and Mentor V3! I really do appreciate it!

And, of course, we always have some strange and interesting IEM's cooking in our lab. Some really cool, and some, honestly, that should never see the light of day (Hey... honesty right?)

I'll hopefully have more info for everyone soon, but after reaching for the stars with our all out assault on a flagship product with our Mason and Mentor V3, it's time to bring it down to earth a bit with a product that's still worthy of competing with the best without burning holes through everyone's pockets.

Perhaps I've said too much. I'll leave you all with that for now :beerchug:

Oct 17, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #297 of 553
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #298 of 553
Always appreciate the honesty and thank you for taking the time to put the Mason through its paces. The one thing I will say is that if it's sitting too snugly against your ears, you might need to either switch to a bigger size tip or a different set of tips altogether.
I used the smallest tips as those were the only ones that comfortably fit my ear canals. And I think the issue was that the angle between the main part of the shell and the thimble was too wide and because of that whenever the shell was comfortably inserted into the concha, the thimble pressed against the outside wall of the ear canal. If the angle were to be narrower, then the thimble would be more centered within the canal and not cause the pain.
front.png

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #299 of 553
:deadhorse::deadhorse:WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNERRR!!:deadhorse::deadhorse:

Ok... well I recently heard that for the first time somewhere and my reaction was, "who the hell actually says that?" Let me know if that's a normal thing for someone to just randomly drop. Asking for a friend, of course.

In other more important news, that doesn't involve my weird attempt at understanding a phrase, the person that will be taking home a 3DD-Ti is @betula !

Please just reach out to me and we can work out the deets!

A big thank you to everyone who took the time to test and review the Mason and Mentor V3! I really do appreciate it!

And, of course, we always have some strange and interesting IEM's cooking in our lab. Some really cool, and some, honestly, that should never see the light of day (Hey... honesty right?)

I'll hopefully have more info for everyone soon, but after reaching for the stars with our all out assault on a flagship product with our Mason and Mentor V3, it's time to bring it down to earth a bit with a product that's still worthy of competing with the best without burning holes through everyone's pockets.

Perhaps I've said too much. I'll leave you all with that for now :beerchug:
Thank you very very much!!! I am super excited to try the 3DD!!! :)

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #300 of 553

Not nearly enough piss and vinegar around here! Good on you for stating your values. Andromeda is a hell of an IEM.

I also understand the fit angle issue. I have to tug up on my ear to get a comfortable fit, but I get it.

I'm listening to the Mason v3 right now via the Soundaware M2Pro and it is one of the most sublime pairings I've heard. The Mason v3 exposes source limitations readily, so this definitely isn't something to just play off a phone.

Mine is also up for reading but only in Polish for now. The english version will follow soon, most likely at the weekend. Dropping a link tho for those of you who might use a translator :)

Just as a title says - these are pure magic :)

Thanks for posting your review. I look forward to reading a human translated version. :)

Also congrats @betula! Enjoy them!

I'm betting on Miracle V3 as the next entry in the lineup at $1100. The Miracle V2 was a good IEM, update is about due. Lawrance hasn't been told me anything, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back