Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Apr 10, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #167 of 553
@Cotnijoe : Is the Mason tour still continuing as usual?

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 8:30 PM Post #169 of 553
Hey everyone. Just a quick update for the European folks awaiting more info about the tour!

Our team will be in Shanghai this weekend for a local audio show. Once we're done there, we'll be looking to allocate the units to the European tour, so expect to hear back from me within the next week or so!

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #170 of 553
Hey everyone. Just a quick update for the European folks awaiting more info about the tour!

Our team will be in Shanghai this weekend for a local audio show. Once we're done there, we'll be looking to allocate the units to the European tour, so expect to hear back from me within the next week or so!

Great news! Enjoy the time in Shanghai! I know I would :D

Apr 15, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #171 of 553

Good hearing from you guys, I had almost given up hope...

Apr 18, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #172 of 553
My take on UM Mason V3, just posted my full detailed review HERE.

um_mason_v3_19.jpg

Apr 21, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #174 of 553
Good news! Lawrance asked for my address details last night. The European tour is a go. I'm waiting on confirmation of the tour participant list. When I receive it I'll start private messages with each group to figure out our tour order.

Truly, thank you for waiting, all you fine and lovely people. Video for entertainment, not for casting aspersions.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #177 of 553
Very nice review Daniel.

I just signed up for the tour as well, hope I am not too late.

Appreciate it, man! It was a great IEM to dissect (not literally, of course :p) and I think Unique Melody are in awesome shape right now. If they can pull off more varied signatures whilst maintaining the same level of refinement and finesse - and maybe dip the price tag a tad as well :D - then we may be looking at a dark horse for CIEM manufacturer of the year. :wink:

Apr 24, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #178 of 553
Appreciate it, man! It was a great IEM to dissect (not literally, of course :p) and I think Unique Melody are in awesome shape right now. If they can pull off more varied signatures whilst maintaining the same level of refinement and finesse - and maybe dip the price tag a tad as well :D - then we may be looking at a dark horse for CIEM manufacturer of the year. :wink:

That is high praise indeed! Agreed on the price part, but it is a tough spot they are in; on one hand they don't want to signal cheap Chinese brand, on the other they want some audiophiles from eu/us to choose them over local business and price can be a great factor in that.

Looks like a quality brand for sure, and personally I am very interested to see where the take the ME.1 to. With better extension both ways and a little bit warmer tuning and I will be all over that!

Apr 24, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #179 of 553
Good news everyone! The package is on the way. Tracking numbers are so fresh your mama would slap 'em. The tracking numbers are so fresh their still wiggling, which is probably why my links don't work yet. After I get the headphones, I'll take some pictures and spend a few days with 'em to get initial impressions out there, then they'll go off to the first in line and so on and so forth.

Also, congrats to the folks selected for the Mason v3 tour. For folks who didn't make this cut, don't lose heart, not everyone who preferred Mason v3 got it, as there was a lot of interest. Mentor v3 participants will be announced soon. Here's the Mason v3 tour list, in no particular order. Watch your HeadFi and email inboxes.

I look forward to seeing all your impressions in this thread. Ooh, and pretty pictures. Pretty pictures are nice.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #180 of 553
Awesome! After hearing so much about them, finally a chance to spend some time with Unique Melody IEMs myself. :ksc75smile: A couple of days ago I just happened to come across an interesting review by sheer coincidence, I hadn't been eagerly anticipating that review or anything ( :p ), and based on that it will be very interesting to explore the Mason V3 with my music preferences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back