Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Feb 19, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #571 of 1,469
@IEMusic suggested I take a look at the UM 3DT and so last night I read most of this thread. I am very interested in this IEM now. I also own the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk. I was wondering if any has done a comparison between these 2 IEMs. The Dusks have wonderful tonality. I love the idea of an all DD IEM. I had no idea that someone actually tried it and pulled it off.

Feb 20, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #572 of 1,469
Thanks for the comparison. I’m excited to hear them after they arrive Monday. I’d love to know the cables you received as well since the consensus seems to be that the 3dt cable could stand an upgrade. I’m currently using an Oriveti Affinity 4.4mm cable with the Xelento.
The stock cable is very thin and has a really annoying memory wire in it.
I've purchased a lot of cables from the XINHS store on AliExpress. They are the OEM for NICE HCK, and several others. The silver cables I received yesterday is this one: 4 Core Pure Silver XIN HS
It's excellent. It pairs exceptionally well with the Xelento both sonically and cosmetically and I've really enjoyed the 2 pin version with the 3DT. I also had them make an 8 Core version for my fusions. I've also bought their 4 Core Graphene Cable for my EDPs and it's fantastic. It's the exact same cable as Nice HCK Dark Jade or Linsoul Nymph expect in 4 core instead of 8. It brings a touch more depth (weight) to the bottom end without compromising the mids and treble. I've just gone back and forth with the Graphene vs Pure Silver vs Pure OFC The OFC is a great match on the 3DT, it keeps all the warmth and clarity and helps in the 4-5khz range that a few have had issue with. That 4 - 5Khz hasnt been a problem for me so I'm sticking with the Silver because I like like the enhanced sparkle in the sound and the pliability in the feel.

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #573 of 1,469
I've purchased a lot of cables from the XINHS store on AliExpress. They are the OEM for NICE HCK, and several others. The silver cables I received yesterday is this one: 4 Core Pure Silver XIN HS
It's excellent. It pairs exceptionally well with the Xelento both sonically and cosmetically and I've really enjoyed the 2 pin version with the 3DT. I also had them make an 8 Core version for my fusions. I've also bought their 4 Core Graphene Cable for my EDPs and it's fantastic. It's the exact same cable as Nice HCK Dark Jade or Linsoul Nymph expect in 4 core instead of 8. It brings a touch more depth (weight) to the bottom end without compromising the mids and treble. I've just gone back and forth with the Graphene vs Pure Silver vs Pure OFC The OFC is a great match on the 3DT, it keeps all the warmth and clarity and helps in the 4-5khz range that a few have had issue with. That 4 - 5Khz hasnt been a problem for me so I'm sticking with the Silver because I like like the enhanced sparkle in the sound and the pliability in the feel.
Thanks much for the info. I may look at an upgrade on the 3DT as well as the Xelento cable since the Oriveti I’m using for the Xelento is turning green from oxidation in a section under the clear insulating layer.

It turns out, to my surprise, the 3DT will be delivered by this evening so I may get to try it a bit later. At the very least I will start a little burn-in process. I can’t wait!

Feb 20, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #574 of 1,469
Thanks much for the info. I may look at an upgrade on the 3DT as well as the Xelento cable since the Oriveti I’m using for the Xelento is turning green from oxidation in a section under the clear insulating layer.

It turns out, to my surprise, the 3DT will be delivered by this evening so I may get to try it a bit later. At the very least I will start a little burn-in process. I can’t wait!
You're in for a treat! Incidently, I just did a little cable surgery on the stock cable to get rid of the memory wire. Who thinks memory wire is a good idea in this day and age anyway?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #575 of 1,469
Please briefly compare 3DT to Xelento when you have a moment.

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #576 of 1,469
Feb 20, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #577 of 1,469
Feb 20, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #578 of 1,469
Feb 20, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #580 of 1,469
You're in for a treat! Incidently, I just did a little cable surgery on the stock cable to get rid of the memory wire. Who thinks memory wire is a good idea in this day and age anyway?
I had to perform that same surgery on my Oriveti cable. The memory sleeve really wanted to pull the Xelento out of my ear slightly which detrimentally affected the bass. On the other hand though, the implementation of the sleeve for the cable for my UE 18+ Pro customs is much much better and I don’t mind it as much.

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #581 of 1,469
Hello.I read a few posts above that the cable from IMR is a good fit.I have these cables, but I have heard that these cables do not have a standard polarity.I'm not sure they fit.How do I check it?Thanks.
The IMR cables have standard polarity. There was an issue a couple of years back on the production of the IMR R1 Zenith that on a few of the units, the socket was revered inside the IEM housing, which as it turned out was an easy fix. The problem was not the cable. Several of us have been using the IMR cable on the 3DT with no polarity issue but a good sonic result. You'll be fine.

Feb 20, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #582 of 1,469
The IMR cables have standard polarity. There was an issue a couple of years back on the production of the IMR R1 Zenith that on a few of the units, the socket was revered inside the IEM housing, which as it turned out was an easy fix. The problem was not the cable. Several of us have been using the IMR cable on the 3DT with no polarity issue but a good sonic result. You'll be fine.
Thanks

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #583 of 1,469
Just about 15 hours into the burn in process with my pair. I just hooked up my old iPod and hit play all songs. It's barely went they thru 200 of the over 800 I have uploaded on it so far. Hopefully after another day of full music playing it will opened up fully.

Feb 20, 2021 at 10:08 PM Post #584 of 1,469
I’m using an IMR balanced cable on my 3DT also works great. But I love the sound so much I’m going for the Gold. Penon GS 846 on order!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #585 of 1,469
I’m using an IMO balanced cable on my 3DT also works great. But I love the sound so much I’m going for the Gold. Penon GS 846
Woop! WOOP! Looking forward to hearing about what you hear. I've been thinking Tianwaitian and Totem. Think about that. An IEM so good, it worthy of a cable 2X+ it's price. I agree BTW, the 3DT is marvelous.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back