Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Feb 15, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #512 of 1,469
not yet.. still trying to figure out what to buy as end game. leaning towards monarch but waiting for a sale or used. sadly I'm in Toronto...

Not gonna find a better deal on these then right now

Feb 15, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #514 of 1,469
Internationally, The 3DT only had one Shell Design right? That's Blue and Wood Correct?

I'm a bit confused with the 3D naming. @UniqueMelody
The only difference between the international release and the HKG release is the color scheme - the pigments used on the shell. The internal components and the the tuning are exactly the same.. There is only one color scheme for the international release and if I've read correctly, there were on 150 units of the HKG release which is also an imprgnated wood just in a different shade of blue.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #515 of 1,469
Hey guys,

Bought mone for $400 and restock is $80. Selling mine for $320. No shipping or PayPal (will send priority tomorrow). Will include sedna tips and Hidiz 2.5 cable. All brand new. I've had them for a week.

Feb 15, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #516 of 1,469
Hey guys,

Bought mine for $400 and restock is $80. Selling mine for $320. No shipping or PayPal (will send priority tomorrow). Will include sedna tips and Hidiz 2.5 cable. All brand new. I've had them for a week.
WOW I wish you would have said this a couple of days ago! Somebody lurking, thinking, contemplating about thes in here should reach out and grab them. That's a screaming deal.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #517 of 1,469
I'm enjoying my 3DT with Symbio hybrid tips, they tame the treble and enhance bass performance by cleaning up just a tad.

Feb 15, 2021 at 11:54 PM Post #518 of 1,469
Thanks to the idea from @tgx78, I cut a portion of the Moondrop filters off and then applied them to the 3DT. It sounds ideal now, with just enough of the upper midrange/treble peaks tamed, yet the treble extension remains excellent, and the imaging as well as the essence of the stock tuning remains. It is a much nicer looking and elegant solution than using micropore tape.

0358F2A9-644B-476C-8CFE-25238DCBF882.jpeg

Feb 16, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #519 of 1,469
The only difference between the international release and the HKG release is the color scheme - the pigments used on the shell. The internal components and the the tuning are exactly the same.. There is only one color scheme for the international release and if I've read correctly, there were on 150 units of the HKG release which is also an imprgnated wood just in a different shade of blue.

And there is also a Mainland China edition having the socket of reverse polarity and also a different paint job:
1613477968221.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #520 of 1,469
I was afraid that this turns into another Mofasest Trio with aggressive lower treble, but to my surprise, energetic presentation of 3dt is also very forgiving:thinking:, I guess the DD timbre magic at work here. Defying the graph expectation, they're not at all bassy at all, very "Audiophile balanced" so to speak. However the bass impact is very prominent and dynamics are very good. I perceive stage to be more open & airy than MEST, even with this $4 KBear basic copper cable, but will do a-b tonight, when I get home. The fit is similar to MEST, little less comfortable than Volt, but size feels about the same.
Isolation is excellent, and I mean - NYC commute worthy, on par or better than Volt. :) Received it at work a few hours ago and it made my day!:L3000: @MusicTeck You rock!:thumbsup:
Will compare to MEST, when get home. Cannot comment on burn in, nothing drastic there after 3 hours or so.
Cable swapping will commence after burn in is done, but it's very very listenable right now. I have Fiio FD5 with me but too busy today, so will have to compare it later. Dynamics seems similar but FD5 is much warmer.
1613515709457.png

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:29 PM Post #521 of 1,469
Quick but necessary update:
At home, compared 3DT to MEST. :face_palm: Ok. I've got to admit, I got carried away, probably due to my very reserved expectations of 3DT.
MEST is indeed on the next level. It sounds more full, more smooth, more natural and more open. (not 4x though) I've got to watch out my hearing changes and always compare at the same time, not from memory.
Before receiving 3DT I was listening to Volt all morning and while I like Volt competent well rounded presentation, 3DT was like a blast of fireworks, so refreshing. At least it does sound more open than Volt, that due to its warm presentation cannot sound too airy and open.
I think 3DT didn't defy graphs completely. It does remind me Mofasest Trio, with lighter airier mids and treble, but 3DT lower treble is more tame and not masking treble extension in the same way. Trio I had to mod with some foam to reduce lower treble, but, at least today, don't feel need to do anything to 3DT.
3DT also sounds like Moondrop Blessing2 should've been tuned, closer to S8 but with more dynamics. Only unlike BL2, it has excellent dynamics and again - more reasonable lower treble.
Otherwise I'd say Moondrop BL2, S8 & Trio, share the same neutral-cold light and airy tonality, while MEST, FiiO FH7, iBasso it07 - warm-neutral. Volt, obviously is pushing warmth to a new level, and IMR Semper - farther to the crazy territory that even hard to describe.
3DT is an worthy addition to neutral cold group of IEMs. Might actually be the best of the 3. Will see...

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #522 of 1,469
Quick but necessary update:
At home, compared 3DT to MEST. :face_palm: Ok. I've got to admit, I got carried away, probably due to my very reserved expectations of 3DT.
MEST is indeed on the next level. It sounds more full, more smooth, more natural and more open. (not 4x though) I've got to watch out my hearing changes and always compare at the same time, not from memory.
Before receiving 3DT I was listening to Volt all morning and while I like Volt competent well rounded presentation, 3DT was like a blast of fireworks, so refreshing. At least it does sound more open than Volt, that due to its warm presentation cannot sound too airy and open.
I think 3DT didn't defy graphs completely. It does remind me Mofasest Trio, with lighter airier mids and treble, but 3DT lower treble is more tame and not masking treble extension in the same way. Trio I had to mod with some foam to reduce lower treble, but, at least today, don't feel need to do anything to 3DT.
3DT also sounds like Moondrop Blessing2 should've been tuned, closer to S8 but with more dynamics. Only unlike BL2, it has excellent dynamics and again - more reasonable lower treble.
Otherwise I'd say Moondrop BL2, S8 & Trio, share the same neutral-cold light and airy tonality, while MEST, FiiO FH7, iBasso it07 - warm-neutral. Volt, obviously is pushing warmth to a new level, and IMR Semper - farther to the crazy territory that even hard to describe.
3DT is an worthy addition to neutral cold group of IEMs. Might actually be the best of the 3. Will see...
Thank you for this fantastic first impression. And you mentioned a very interesting point about 3DT vs MEST.

We do not intend to let 3DT beat MEST, never trying to slap our own face that quick and hard lol. MEST has already been considered a giant killer at its price point. 3DT is doing the same thing but at the intro level.

But there is something 3DT actually does better than MEST. First is the fit and design, it is aesthetically more appealing, and more comfortable (for most ears) than MEST. Then, 3DT has 3 counts, 2 types of dynamic drivers make it has a lot of fun to play with. All three drivers are not small, so you can pair them with some high output AMPs, desktop systems, or whatever you want, and they will mostly still have a good synergy.

In my personal opinion, it is our job to deliver "the best" IEMs we can make to the market, but for audiophiles, this game should not end with simply buying "the best" IEMs you can afford; plug it into your phone and be with it. We all are having fun exploring the gears on our hands. Try different pairings, EQs, do all kinds of rollings and molds even, then finally find the unique melody you like. In this perspective, 3DT is so far the best intro level we have ever made. Not only because it has the most affordable price in our line-up, but also it has lots of potentials waiting for you to explore-- it is a great gate to lead you to this fun game!

Last edited:
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Feb 17, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #523 of 1,469
I was afraid that this turns into another Mofasest Trio with aggressive lower treble, but to my surprise, energetic presentation of 3dt is also very forgiving:thinking:, I guess the DD timbre magic at work here. Defying the graph expectation, they're not at all bassy at all, very "Audiophile balanced" so to speak. However the bass impact is very prominent and dynamics are very good. I perceive stage to be more open & airy than MEST, even with this $4 KBear basic copper cable, but will do a-b tonight, when I get home. The fit is similar to MEST, little less comfortable than Volt, but size feels about the same.
Isolation is excellent, and I mean - NYC commute worthy, on par or better than Volt. :) Received it at work a few hours ago and it made my day!:L3000: @MusicTeck You rock!:thumbsup:
Will compare to MEST, when get home. Cannot comment on burn in, nothing drastic there after 3 hours or so.
Cable swapping will commence after burn in is done, but it's very very listenable right now. I have Fiio FD5 with me but too busy today, so will have to compare it later. Dynamics seems similar but FD5 is much warmer.
1613515709457.png
Was supposed to get my set today but the Great Blizzard of 2021 pushed it back a day, HOPEFULLY JUST A DAY.

Your gear list of IEMs is beyond words!!!

Feb 17, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #524 of 1,469
Thank you for this fantastic first impression. And you mentioned a very interesting point about 3DT vs MEST.

We do not intend to let 3DT beat MEST, never trying to slap our own face that quick and hard lol. MEST has already been considered a giant killer at its price point. 3DT is doing the same thing but at the intro level.

But there is something 3DT actually does better than MEST. First is the fit and design, it is aesthetically more appealing, and more comfortable (for most ears) than MEST. Then, 3DT has 3 counts, 2 types of dynamic drivers make it has a lot of fun to play with. All three drivers are not small, so you can pair them with some high output AMPs, desktop systems, or whatever you want, and they will mostly still have a good synergy.

In my personal opinion, it is our job to deliver "the best" IEMs we can make to the market, but for audiophiles, this game should not end with simply buying "the best" IEMs you can afford; plug it into your phone and be with it. We all are having fun exploring the gears on our hands. Try different pairings, EQs, do all kinds of rollings and molds even, then finally find the unique melody you like. In this perspective, 3DT is so far the best intro level we have ever made. Not only because it has the most affordable price in our line-up, but also it has lots of potentials waiting for you to explore-- it is a great gate to lead you to this fun game!

Will you be releasing more info on the 2HT anytime soon?

Feb 17, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #525 of 1,469
it is a great gate to lead you to this fun game!
“gate” or “gateway drug” to lead you to this fun “addiction”? :wink:

While I certainly agree that the 3DT is an excellent affordable IEM, leading into the world of high-end IEMs, in a lot of ways, it’s so good that it can simultaneously serve as an end-game IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back