Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Feb 10, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #466 of 1,469
Well, it depends on one’s preferences and priorities. For me, I like the 3DT more than the MEST overall for a lot of my music. I also find it to be the most detailed of any IEM I’ve heard thus far, and hear subtle details that I’ve never heard before on my well know tracks.

Interesting. I thought the MEST was supposed to be as good as it gets. I think the Clair handily beats the 3DT. In direct side by side, the difference is pretty glaring. I don't know if burn in is real or not, but I am running the 3DT all day on my PC for the next couple days to see if it makes a difference. Ordered a Hidiz 2.5 cable, and some more tips as well. I really want to like them, but I also want to be honest about whether I like them or not. I still think L9 had the best bass I have heard in an IEM, but I never did a direct with Sony Z5. That was the first IEM I truly loved.

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #467 of 1,469
Well, it depends on one’s preferences and priorities. For me, I like the 3DT more than the MEST overall for a lot of my music. I also find it to be the most detailed of any IEM I’ve heard thus far, and hear subtle details that I’ve never heard before on my well know tracks.
Whoa! That's interesting!

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #468 of 1,469
Interesting. I thought the MEST was supposed to be as good as it gets. I think the Clair handily beats the 3DT. In direct side by side, the difference is pretty glaring. I don't know if burn in is real or not, but I am running the 3DT all day on my PC for the next couple days to see if it makes a difference. Ordered a Hidiz 2.5 cable, and some more tips as well. I really want to like them, but I also want to be honest about whether I like them or not. I still think L9 had the best bass I have heard in an IEM, but I never did a direct with Sony Z5. That was the first IEM I truly loved.
Don’t get me wrong, the MEST is excellent, and is very popular for good reason (just like the Clair is), but the 3DT has a combination of a natural timbre, along with holographic imaging, that I personally have never heard before this. It has the strengths of DD sound and a multi-driver IEM combined. We all hear things differently though, so naturally our impressions could drastically differ.

Feb 10, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #469 of 1,469
Screenshot_20210210-214752_Chrome.jpg

@UniqueMelody Happy New Year! What is the UM 2HT tuned like? ☺️
20210129_000151.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #470 of 1,469
I have both the Clairs and the 3DT. Unfortunately I don't listen much to the Clairs because they are too uncomfortable. No matter what tips I try they continue to cause significant discomfort after about 15 minutes of use. The 3DT are much more comfortable and they sound pretty darn close in my view. It is a different experience with the 3 dynamic drivers and I really enjoy them. Bottom line, it doesn't matter how good or bad the Clairs are they will not spend any more time in my ears.

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #471 of 1,469
I have both the Clairs and the 3DT. Unfortunately I don't listen much to the Clairs because they are too uncomfortable. No matter what tips I try they continue to cause significant discomfort after about 15 minutes of use. The 3DT are much more comfortable and they sound pretty darn close in my view. It is a different experience with the 3 dynamic drivers and I really enjoy them. Bottom line, it doesn't matter how good or bad the Clairs are they will not spend any more time in my ears.

Huh. Total opposite experience for me. 3dt have huge nozzles. Clair fit fine with a medium spinfit. I find them more comfortable. The 3dt seems to be more source dependent. Sounds much better from m11 than zen dac. Clair doesn't seem to change as much. Did some more A/B today. I hear a significant difference between them. 3dt are enjoyable to listen to, but the Clair are wider and clearer.

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #473 of 1,469
Just did a random check on musicteck and the 3dt is going on sale for $319 for 3 days starting on the 13th.

Feb 12, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #474 of 1,469
Just did a random check on musicteck and the 3dt is going on sale for $319 for 3 days starting on the 13th.
Ugh. Of course it is.

Feb 13, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #476 of 1,469
I think I figured out one of the numerous reasons why I like the 3DT (and also the KZ DQ6) so very much, these tri-DD IEMs reproduce the sound of cymbals with remarkable realism, easily 2 of the best IEMs in this regard. The timbre, texture, tonality, treble extension, transient attack, decay, all sound amazing. I can almost feel the vibration through the drumstick with each strike. Beyond cymbals, percussion instruments in general sound so good, including piano.

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #477 of 1,469
I think I figured out one of the numerous reasons why I like the 3DT (and also the KZ DQ6) so very much, these tri-DD IEMs reproduce the sound of cymbals with remarkable realism, easily 2 of the best IEMs in this regard. The timbre, texture, tonality, treble extension, transient attack, decay, all sound amazing. I can almost feel the vibration through the drumstick with each strike. Beyond cymbals, percussion instruments in general sound so good, including piano.
20210213_224050.jpg

You will like this too-The red one👍

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #478 of 1,469
Feb 13, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #479 of 1,469

Yeah, 3dt is growing on me. I was noticing symbals last night and how good they sound. Will do some more A/B later. Beenistening to aonic 50 and Noble falcon Pro a lot, both of which are the top in their class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back