Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 19, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #227 of 1,469
That is very much a preference question as to which would sound best. You’d have to listen and find out!
Personally I like copper.

Jan 19, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #228 of 1,469
i love my PW 1%gold...really open up the bass

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #229 of 1,469
Had the 3DTs a few days and and been burning them in, have to say that they really delivery in spades. I would say the timbre is more on point than the Mest, and is more enjoyable overall. Paired them with the Shanling M8 and PW No.10 8 wire...it feels like listening to quality speakers in a room wth a nice open soundstage. If somebody gave you these and asked you to guess the price, there's no way you would think they cost under $400, more like over a grand...just superb!

Big thanks once again to Andrew at MusicTeck for the best customer service a guy could ask for!

Jan 19, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #230 of 1,469
Had the 3DTs a few days and and been burning them in, have to say that they really delivery in spades. I would say the timbre is more on point than the Mest, and is more enjoyable overall. Paired them with the Shanling M8 and PW No.10 8 wire...it feels like listening to quality speakers in a room wth a nice open soundstage. If somebody gave you these and asked you to guess the price, there's no way you would think they cost under $400, more like over a grand...just superb!

Big thanks once again to Andrew at MusicTeck for the best customer service a guy could ask for!
You got me excited, can't wait!👍☺️

Jan 19, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #231 of 1,469
You guys are making me fall in love with the 3DT.

the UM Miracle was my darling IEM for so many years and if the 3DT gives better performance then they will win my heart.
@ SteveKiwi, Would you please compare the 3DT to the IT07? A few people consider the latter a TOTL at below the $1000 bracket.
If the 3DT happens to throw punches with the IT07 that would be the final push for my purchase.
cheers, Jose
Hi Jose

The IT07s are genuinely high quality and can definitely be categorized as TOTL.

Of all my iem's the two I use most are the IT07 and 3DT. The best way I can describe the differences is like this.

The IT07s are incredibly detailed but still musical whereas the 3DTs are incredibly musical but still detailed.

It really depends what you are looking for, personally if I had to choose just one it would be the IT07s, but it would be a close call.

Fortunately I am lucky enough to have and enjoy both.

Steve

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #232 of 1,469
Hi Jose
The IT07s are genuinely high quality and can definitely be categorized as TOTL.
Of all my iem's the two I use most are the IT07 and 3DT. The best way I can describe the differences is like this.
The IT07s are incredibly detailed but still musical whereas the 3DTs are incredibly musical but still detailed.
It really depends what you are looking for, personally if I had to choose just one it would be the IT07s, but it would be a close call.
Fortunately I am lucky enough to have and enjoy both.
Steve
Hi, this is the comparison I was waiting for!!! thank you so much.:L3000:
the performance-cost ratio of the 3DT is crazy then.
As I enjoy a highly musical IEM and my budget does not reach to IT07 level, now the decision for me is easy, the 3DT is the way to go!!
cheers, Jose

Jan 20, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #234 of 1,469
You're in for a real treat, especially after they burn in. I've got something like 50-60 hours on them now and they have opened up and just sound wonderful, just so well balanced with gorgeous vocals.
😊👍I'm expecting that!

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #235 of 1,469
Just got these and they look so fresh! Time for some burn-in! :ksc75smile:

20210120_131513.jpg

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #236 of 1,469
After six hours of constant playback the sharpness subdued and the 3DTs started becoming more holographic and musical by the hour!

These are a fun pair to listen to and they definitely punch higher than their weight. I'm glad I went for them instead of the Fiio FD5!

Also the new iBasso DX300 accentuates their strengths with a wide sound-stage, intricate imaging & layering and fast transients! It's a fun pairing! :beyersmile:

20210120_134115.jpg

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #237 of 1,469
After six hours of constant playback the sharpness subdued and the 3DTs started becoming more holographic and musical by the hour!

These are a fun pair to listen to and they definitely punch higher than their weight. I'm glad I went for them instead of the Fiio FD5!

Also the new iBasso DX300 accentuates their strengths with a wide sound-stage, intricate imaging & layering and fast transients! It's a fun pairing! :beyersmile:

20210120_134115.jpg
Can you give a comparison of 3DT with the CF Atlas and Solaris?

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #238 of 1,469
Can you give a comparison of 3DT with the CF Atlas and Solaris?

Sure! Will do when the 3DTs have some more hours under their belt. :)

Though I could comment on the fit and comfort, these are much better than the huge OG Solaris and sit in my ears better than the Atlas. :beyersmile:

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #239 of 1,469
Sure! Will do when the 3DTs have some more hours under their belt. :)

Though I could comment on the fit and comfort, these are much better than the huge OG Solaris and sit in my ears better than the Atlas. :beyersmile:
Thanks. I'll be waiting.

Jan 20, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #240 of 1,469

20210120_134115.jpg
gorgeous setup :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back