Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #151 of 1,469
They are different beasts entirely, fearless=8 BA...highly detail and very aggressive presentation (hence the name). 3DT is much smoother, but it, too has great detail. (but not on same level as Fearless). I actually like the fearless. Honestly, the bottom line is the 3DT has more texture (lots more) and it is smoother and more coherent. The 3DT LOVES power, and scale amazing. The 3 DT on my Questyle sounds truly spectacular. The Fearless is VERY easy to drive, 3DT not so much. The mids on the Fearless can be a bit 'shouty' at higher volume.

The 3dt also is more fun and forgiving. Hands down, in my opinion the 3DT out classes the Fearless.

I put my Fearless up for sale and someone wants to buy them this morning. So obviously, after the 3DT I do not feel the need for the Fearless anymore.
Thank you, love that comparison.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #152 of 1,469
They are different beasts entirely, fearless=8 BA...highly detail and very aggressive presentation (hence the name). 3DT is much smoother, but it, too has great detail. (but not on same level as Fearless). I actually like the fearless. Honestly, the bottom line is the 3DT has more texture (lots more) and it is smoother and more coherent. The 3DT LOVES power, and scale amazing. The 3 DT on my Questyle sounds truly spectacular. The Fearless is VERY easy to drive, 3DT not so much. The mids on the Fearless can be a bit 'shouty' at higher volume.

The 3dt also is more fun and forgiving. Hands down, in my opinion the 3DT out classes the Fearless.

I put my Fearless up for sale and someone wants to buy them this morning. So obviously, after the 3DT I do not feel the need for the Fearless anymore.
What about the soundstage and separation?

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #153 of 1,469
3DT, hands down. The soundstage on the 3 is a delight. Layering is amazing... Imaging is superior on the 3dt, as well as separation.

Plus, the 3DT is beautiful; breathtaking even. i know this is the honeymoon period, but the 3dt is a class act. I love them.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #154 of 1,469
3DT, hands down. The soundstage on the 3 is a delight. Layering is amazing... Imaging is superior on the 3dt, as well as separation.

Plus, the 3DT is beautiful; breathtaking even. i know this is the honeymoon period, but the 3dt is a class act. I love them.
That won my heart :heartpulse:

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #155 of 1,469
That won my heart :heartpulse:
Maybe it is strange but actually i am using my 3DT more often than my MEST. Such a fun Sounding IEM. Love these beautiful piece of art.

Attachments

• 20210112_134610.jpg
    20210112_134610.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #156 of 1,469

When you say loves power...how much power. Most phones are 80mW, DAPs are 100mW-800mW. I have an N3Pro that's 150mW (tubes), 250mw(ss), 800mW(balanced). I assume that even 200mW is considered lots of power for an IEM, or do these need more?

Jan 12, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #157 of 1,469
When you say loves power...how much power. Most phones are 80mW, DAPs are 100mW-800mW. I have an N3Pro that's 150mW (tubes), 250mw(ss), 800mW(balanced). I assume that even 200mW is considered lots of power for an IEM, or do these need more?
All i'm saying is on the Questyle, the 3dt comes alive! On my Shanling M8, I always use turbo mode, just makes the 3dt sound even more amazing....

Jan 12, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #158 of 1,469
I have N3pro also, and this is a question I had. 3DT comes 3.5 cable, correct? I’d prefer to use 3.5 with it to use N3pro tube modes. I can see why 3DT would benefit from more power—this is generally the case with DDs and this one has three!
I also wonder of higher gain would suffice rather than balanced?

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #159 of 1,469
Maybe it is strange but actually i am using my 3DT more often than my MEST. Such a fun Sounding IEM. Love these beautiful piece of art.
Is the soundstage comparable to the Mest? I have the Mest but I like a bit warmer vocals? How are the vocals compared to Mest?

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #160 of 1,469
I've had the 3DT for a couple of weeks now and I've avoided posting anything about them until now to avoid the new toy syndrome.

The more I listen to these the more impressed I am with them, the timbre for all instruments seems to be spot on, imaging and layering is very good, details although not on the level of some of my other iems (64 audio, Empire Ears, Ibasso) is still very good.

All in all I would describe these as a musical delight, and for the price an absolute bargain.

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #161 of 1,469
Truthfully, I find the soundstage and imaging of the S8Pro to be a bit disappointing. Nothing special.

It seems that the 3DT may have the strengths of a DD, such as good timbral accuracy, along with the strengths of a multi-driver IEM, such as imaging. How good is the 3DT with very complex music? Does it suffer from compression?

Not strange at all. The 3DT seems to be even more fun!

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #162 of 1,469
to me...everything sounds rich and layered, with a relaxed presentation, but a complex sound stage and superior imaging.....very detailed, but not micro detailed...

Jan 13, 2021 at 10:57 PM Post #163 of 1,469
I've had the 3DT for a couple of weeks now and I've avoided posting anything about them until now to avoid the new toy syndrome.

The more I listen to these the more impressed I am with them, the timbre for all instruments seems to be spot on, imaging and layering is very good, details although not on the level of some of my other iems (64 audio, Empire Ears, Ibasso) is still very good.

All in all I would describe these as a musical delight, and for the price an absolute bargain.
Can you specify which models from each of those brands you compared with 3DT?

Jan 14, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #165 of 1,469
Sure,

64 Audio Trio and Nio.

Empire Ears Odin and Nemesis

Ibasso IT07

don't get me wrong the details are better defined on all of the above (except nemesis), but the 3DT is beautifully musical.
Can you please elaborate more on 3DT vs 64 Audio Trio, thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back