Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Mar 1, 2021 at 7:42 AM Post #646 of 1,469
To me, polar opposite. For me, on my desktop combo, 3DT is bright sounding with lot of highs. Not scratching, not sibilant, nothing of all these "bad" adjectives, but still bright while H40 are definitively warm sounding with lot of weigth in high bass & low mids.
Thanks for your comment!! Which one is better on details ? I’m obsess with hear every little note. And what about comfort? 3DT looks huge.
Thanks!!

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #647 of 1,469
To me, polar opposite. For me, on my desktop combo, 3DT is bright sounding with lot of highs. Not scratching, not sibilant, nothing of all these "bad" adjectives, but still bright while H40 are definitively warm sounding with lot of weigth in high bass & low mids.
Regarding stage and separation?

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #648 of 1,469
Thanks for your comment!! Which one is better on details ? I’m obsess with hear every little note. And what about comfort? 3DT looks huge.
Thanks!!
May be with better dac-amp it will shine, but to my ears, 3DT has slightly less details comapratively in this price range. Although I will be able to tell better after I receive the BGVP DM8. Musicality and engaging factor is the trade-in for the details.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #649 of 1,469
Thanks!!
It's not that the details are not there, it's just that they do not jump out to your face like other BA drivers. However, the separation and stage is competing with the BA drivers.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #650 of 1,469
Well.. I sold h40 because of the comfort, surprisingly 3DT are no issue for me.
Because 3DT are clearer, cleaner, I'd say they bring out details easier but really not sure, I won't comment on the sound further since I sold H40 long time ago. But H40 were more aligned with my tastes and I think they are a bargain for the price.

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #651 of 1,469
It‘s probably just me, but I think the 3DT reveals more micro details than most, if not all of my other IEMs, regardless of technology implemented.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #652 of 1,469
It‘s probably just me, but I think the 3DT reveals more micro details than most, if not all of my other IEMs, regardless of technology implemented.
May be your unit has more burn in time than mine... Mine has just around 30 hours. Let's see if it evolves after 100 hours.

Mar 1, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #654 of 1,469
what source and eartips you use with your 3DT?
Qudelix 5K and Dragonfly Cobalt. Mostly either cut foam ear tips or regular SpiralDots.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #655 of 1,469
I usually use large tips with my IEMs...but with the 3DT I've had to switch to medium. I tried a bunch of different tips and the ones I like the most are the medium stock tips.

This is the only IEM I have used which don't work well with a large sized tip...weird.

Mar 2, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #656 of 1,469
I usually use large tips with my IEMs...but with the 3DT I've had to switch to medium. I tried a bunch of different tips and the ones I like the most are the medium stock tips.

This is the only IEM I have used which don't work well with a large sized tip...weird.
it's got a big nozzle! I use medium foams with my other IEMs that fit just nice... with the 3DT, there's definitely a little pressure from the fullness of the fit.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #657 of 1,469
For my ears (and nowhere near the 100 hours of burn-in I like to put on it), the 3DT is the most detailed all DD iem I've heard. And the instrument separation and placement is simply phenomenal! Repeating drbluenewmexico assertion, the earphones have a great "live" music sound. And who would have thought earphones could be so detailed without sounding clinical and cold? This is my second UM earphone. I was impressed with their ME-1 planar earphone, and I am highly impressed with these babies.

Mar 3, 2021 at 11:01 AM Post #658 of 1,469
I use JVC Spiral Dots tips on the 3DT. I mainly listen to them through a Schiit Vali amp and Schiit Modi DAC connected to my iMac desktop. As for DAP, I've only tried it on an old Sony NW-ZX Walkman. It sounds phenomenal! Will try with my other DAPs later.

Mar 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #659 of 1,469
One other thing, I've found to get the best details, widest soundstage, and instrument separation, you DO NOT want a deep insertion into the ear canal. Use large enough tips where you can get a seal but don't have to push the nozzle in deep. The earphone will sound phenomenal that way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back