Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 2, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #1,456 of 1,469
I received a replacement set when my original blue resin and wood needed to be returned on RMD, the factory is no longer making those - now they are green resin and wood - to my ears the SQ is identical. I am happy with them. Fit remains an issue, but Symbio F foam and Spinfit CP 145s work acceptably. Good luck!
Wow! They look beautiful!
For me, I found Tripowin foam tips to work well. I just needed a slightly longer ear tip to get a deeper fit and solid seal.

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #1,457 of 1,469
Thanks for the cable tip.
I'm seeing the new green 'Grain' ones, and the blueish ones for purchase here in Japan. I favour the green but if I go ahead I'll go with the slighly lower priced blueish model as I am taking full advantage of the availability of audio gear here like an uncapped Walkman and some cables and tips etc etc etc.

1000004363.jpg
1000004362.jpg

Jan 2, 2024 at 5:57 PM Post #1,458 of 1,469
@Pretardo:
For me, I found Tripowin foam tips to work well. I just needed a slightly longer ear tip to get a deeper fit and solid seal.

Maybe I’ll try those. I recently got custom IEM sleeves from Adv Eartune (www.adv-sound.com) for my 64 Audio U12Ts and they are unbelievable - completely opened up bass impact and detail retrieval for me for that set— but cost $200/pair and it’s hard to justify for a set like the 3DTs.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #1,459 of 1,469
@Pretardo:

Maybe I’ll try those. I recently got custom IEM sleeves from Adv Eartune (www.adv-sound.com) for my 64 Audio U12Ts and they are unbelievable - completely opened up bass impact and detail retrieval for me for that set— but cost $200/pair and it’s hard to justify for a set like the 3DTs.
I got a set of ADV silicone eartips for my IER-Z1R. The fit is awesome and the sound is fantastic. The problem is how the IEMs are sticking fully out of my ears. I look like Frankenstein, but with the metal plugs sticking out of my ears.
Yeah, If I could have redone anything on my audio journey, I would have gone for A12t’s instead of the U12t. I was worried that the tuning would have been different, but how little I knew then about how fit can trump minor differences in tuning.

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #1,460 of 1,469
Thanks for the cable tip.
I'm seeing the new green 'Grain' ones, and the blueish ones for purchase here in Japan. I favour the green but if I go ahead I'll go with the slighly lower priced blueish model as I am taking full advantage of the availability of audio gear here like an uncapped Walkman and some cables and tips etc etc etc.

1000004363.jpg1000004362.jpg
Since you’re in Japan, do you know if Acoustune is doing the custom acrylic refits of the 1500 and 1600 series IEMs? I love my 1550CU but the fit rubs against my ears in an uncomfortable way.

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:26 PM Post #1,461 of 1,469
Apologies to everyone else in this thread! I’ll try and keep it on topic going forward. And maybe one day, I’ll try and write a DM on Head-Fi. lol!

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:15 PM Post #1,462 of 1,469
Since you’re in Japan, do you know if Acoustune is doing the custom acrylic refits of the 1500 and 1600 series IEMs? I love my 1550CU but the fit rubs against my ears in an uncomfortable way.
My Japanese is about the level of a 1 year old so I wouldn't be able to help sorry. E earphone would probably be a place that would offer that service if it is available. Perhaps another member residing in Japan may be able to assist you.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #1,463 of 1,469
I got a set of ADV silicone eartips for my IER-Z1R. The fit is awesome and the sound is fantastic. The problem is how the IEMs are sticking fully out of my ears. I look like Frankenstein, but with the metal plugs sticking out of my ears.
Yeah, If I could have redone anything on my audio journey, I would have gone for A12t’s instead of the U12t. I was worried that the tuning would have been different, but how little I knew then about how fit can trump minor differences in tuning.
Totally agree— the U12Ts with sleeves are not quite so obtrusive IMO. See ‘the fit’ attached photos

Attachments

• IMG_1388.jpeg
    IMG_1388.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1384.jpeg
    IMG_1384.jpeg
Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:32 PM Post #1,464 of 1,469
My Japanese is about the level of a 1 year old so I wouldn't be able to help sorry. E earphone would probably be a place that would offer that service if it is available. Perhaps another member residing in Japan may be able to assist you.
It was a long shot. But thanks for letting me know. I took a look at Acoustune’s website and they said that they stopped this service. Enjoy your time there and thanks for the suggestion on asking the community here.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #1,465 of 1,469
Totally agree— the U12Ts with sleeves are not quite so obtrusive IMO. See ‘the fit’ attached photos
Here’s what the IER-Z1R’s look like. The first without and the second with the custom tips

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpeg
    IMG_0106.jpeg
  • IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #1,466 of 1,469
Here’s what the IER-Z1R’s look like. The first without and the second with the custom tips
Yes- I see what you mean. If you still have the U12Ts consider to contact Adv as they won’t need new audiological molds or the IEMS- they can just make it up for you. It is really transformative to their SQ.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #1,467 of 1,469
Yes- I see what you mean. If you still have the U12Ts consider to contact Adv as they won’t need new audiological molds or the IEMS- they can just make it up for you. It is really transformative to their SQ.
Thanks for the recommendation. I often cycle back to my U12t’s every once in a while and I’m always amazed by their tuning. But I move away from them in lieu of my customs. But right now you’ve gotten me back into my Z1R’s. I love being my own store!

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #1,468 of 1,469
It was a long shot. But thanks for letting me know. I took a look at Acoustune’s website and they said that they stopped this service. Enjoy your time there and thanks for the suggestion on asking the community here.
Thank you, and you're welcome.
I have small ears and although I have a solid comfortable fit with my IER-Z1R they literally stick out like those custom tips. Luckily the large shells of Oriolus and UM seem to be OK for me.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:40 PM Post #1,469 of 1,469
Thanks for the recommendation. I often cycle back to my U12t’s every once in a while and I’m always amazed by their tuning. But I move away from them in lieu of my customs. But right now you’ve gotten me back into my Z1R’s. I love being my own store!
Good deal- I’m sure the Z1Rs are magnificent with customs. The one thing that scared me away from them was fit, and if you’ve fixed that (whatever it looks like) I bet it’s amazing. The 3DTs are chunky boys so I bet they too would obtrude a fair bit. I ordered some Tripowin foams earlier today, we’ll see how those work…sigh. It’s been a journey to get a good fit with this set too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back