Unhappy with grado 60
Mar 4, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #16 of 40
Ok, Grados are here to rock to your music. If you like to lie down close your eyes n listen to music in a calm peaceful environment without any noise other than the headphones on your head they are NOT for you. Grados ARE uncomfortable, they ARE very aggressive, especially with vocals (for the 325s anyway), but there is no other headphones that will make rock n roll rock as much as this. As Iron_Dreamer said, awesome guitar, awesome bass. The rest could be better (still 325 wise) although drums sound nice to me, they could be better, same for vocals. But....

Right now I'm listening to Led Zeppelin - Ramble On... and even if you paid me I wouldnt take them off my head for even a second. Nothing rocks like the Grados. If you like to rock, keep em, if you like to lie down close your eyes and gently sway your head to violins, stick with senns, and sell me your Grados cheap
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:50 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
OAs Iron_Dreamer said, awesome guitar, awesome bass. The rest could be better (still 325 wise) although drums sound nice to me, they could be better, same for vocals. But....

LOL nothing like being quoted in a thread I hadn't even posted in yet!
biggrin.gif

The RS-1 or PS-1 will fix those drums for ya
biggrin.gif
Even the RS-1's vocals sound a bit off to me after a while though.

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #19 of 40
This post and the post about the Koss KSC75 better than the Grados SR60 have really gotta me confused. Wants to get the Grados, but after reading this 2 post, am now in 2 minds. And to think that I did not believe my friend when he said that reading the posts in this forum will make you so.

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #20 of 40
Hehe sorry I noticed you didnt post here, but you seem to share many opinions with me concerning Grados. I am indeed looking for a pair of RS-1i. It'll probably my favorite Grados unless the evil PS-1s destroy all my hopes n dreams to bring them to a higher level... who knows
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 7:58 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphie
Hehe sorry I noticed you didnt post here, but you seem to share many opinions with me concerning Grados. I am indeed looking for a pair of RS-1i. It'll probably my favorite Grados unless the evil PS-1s destroy all my hopes n dreams to bring them to a higher level... who knows
biggrin.gif

LOL I wasn't getting on your case, I just thought it a funny observation
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #23 of 40
after the "grado sr60 appreciation thread", curiosity bit... finally got a set.

simply amazed.

the worst fear i had was comfort, but it turns out to be surprisingly comfortable on my head. not ath aX00 comfy, but definitely not "painful" - as some posters have commented on it.

was also concerned about it being too bright.. but i find it rather "exciting" for lack of a better word... the oddest thing about these, is that i actually find myself turning the volume up, not for a lack of anything.. but for even more impact. i never do that with any other headphones i own.

me happy
tongue.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dthiep
Hi

I've been listening to grado 60 for the last few weeks and I'm dissapointed with them. The sound is too bright and when I play loud the hights becomes aching to my ears.

This is typical of Grado headphones. Also, note that the SR60 is the most neutral one! Personally, I don't find the sound of the SR60 too bright but I do find the sound of the SR325 unbearably bright. It seems that Grados do not agree with your ears. If you want headphones which are between the Grados and Sennheisers in sound type you can try Beyerdynamics. My recently bought DT880s are not laid back as Sennheiser headphones but not so "up close and personal" as the Grados. Try some Beyerdynamics and see whether they are more agreeable to your ears.

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:28 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by paspro
This is typical of Grado headphones. Also, note that the SR60 is the most neutral one! Personally, I don't find the sound of the SR60 too bright but I do find the sound of the SR325 unbearably bright. It seems that Grados do not agree with your ears. If you want headphones which are between the Grados and Sennheisers in sound type you can try Beyerdynamics. My recently bought DT880s are not laid back as Sennheiser headphones but not so "up close and personal" as the Grados. Try some Beyerdynamics and see whether they are more agreeable to your ears.

sr60 is not the most neutral, far from it. I've heard 60, 80, and 225. 225 is the most balanced by a mile, followed by 80 and then 60. 60 is very bright can with harsh highs. If you like what it does well, then consider upgrading to ms1 or sr225, which tames the highs a bit and offer more neutral sound.

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike33
sr60 is not the most neutral, far from it. I've heard 60, 80, and 225. 225 is the most balanced by a mile, followed by 80 and then 60. 60 is very bright can with harsh highs. If you like what it does well, then consider upgrading to ms1 or sr225, which tames the highs a bit and offer more neutral sound.

Maybe the word "neutral" I used is not correct. I meant "less bright" with tamed highs. The SR225 sounds perfect to me in that respect, the highs are there but they do not sound harsh. On the contrary, the highs of the SR325 are too much. The SR60 is not so bright, at least to my ears, so if it sounds very bright to someone then I guess he has to stay away from Grados.

Mar 4, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #29 of 40
I hated the SR-60s when I got them too. Take the little plactic pieces labelled L and R and pull them apart. This will take a lot of pressure off your ears. Grados are still not the most secure phones, i.e. I wouldnt want to be going on a rollercoaster with them, but they don't fall off when I bust out the air guitar.

I did not find them bright, however, your amp has a lot to do with this. Pluged into the line out on my sound card, bright, but plugged into one of my amps thet sound fine. What amp did you try them with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back