Under 90 recommendations
Apr 19, 2004 at 3:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Phate

New Head-Fier
I am currently looking at buying the Sony v6's. I want a closed headphone with good bass(i love bass) and good sound and what not for not too xpensive. Any recommendatiosn would be appreciated as i am a n00b at this stuff :p. Also what do you think of the v6's?

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #2 of 13
Try the E2C's maybe? If you want to go cheaper (but also alot crappier) and get canal phones try the Sony EX71's. Alot of members here (including me) have tried it and regard it as pretty bass heavy.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 13
The V6 is definitely what you want, they are closed, pretty comfy, easily portable, within your budget, and BASS monsters. Their mids and highs aren't the greatest, but are pretty darn good for your budget, and the bass will blow you off your butt the first time you hear it (assuming you've never heard any cans with real good bass before).

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #4 of 13
I love bass too but I don't like the bass to dominate the music. Personally I prefer the HD280 because it has very good bass that goes very low without taking over the sound. If you really want a bass heavy headphone though, go with the V6 (or the 7506 which is the same headphone but has a pro sticker instead on one that says digital and has a gold plug).

BTW welcome to head-fi!

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #5 of 13
I've also been lookin into the hd 280 pro earcup, but i've heard that its not worth its price(89.99) where v6 is 69.99. I dont like base to dominate massibley, but i love it to be boomin :p. right now its bwetween hd280 and v6. I'm not sure which one would be better for the price. Any comments on these?

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:42 AM Post #7 of 13
What would you suggest to buy. They both look so tempting
frown.gif
. Im thinkin v6 cuase they look more portable, hows the bass on both? which one sounds betteR? which one would you buy
redface.gif

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 13
for under 90 dollars, the v6 probably offers the most bass.

i personally find that it's too much bass, but if that's what you dig...pick one up.

the shures will not have the bass you are looking for, i think you will be deeply disappointed.

the bass on the sr80s are good too, but you may find that it's too bright with the stock pads.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #10 of 13
Since I don't believe anyone has said it, please don't confuse the V600's with the V6's. I know you brought up the V6's first, but wanted to state the warning, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back