Under $50
Jul 26, 2010 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jetson22

New Head-Fier
Have not been on here in a while.  Looking for the best I can get for around $50.  These are for my teenager.  He has had a couple skull candy but they always seem to short out.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.

Jul 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 8
Jul 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 8
Go into any Best Buy and pick up the Koss UR-55. I can almost guarantee he/she would like them. To me, they're the best deal ever and sound better then any other $50 headphone.
They sound even better then the Porta Pros which everyone else seems to like.

Jul 26, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Go into any Best Buy and pick up the Koss UR-55. I can almost guarantee he/she would like them. To me, they're the best deal ever and sound better then any other $50 headphone.

Lots of things are better than PortaPros. I don't think you can proclaim something to be better than any other $50 headphone without hearing every other $50 headphone.

Oh and +2 for the Brainwavz M1. Great deal with or without that Fiio amp.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Have not been on here in a while.  Looking for the best I can get for around $50.  These are for my teenager.  He has had a couple skull candy but they always seem to short out.  Any thoughts appreciated.  Thanks.

First address why they're shorting out.  Is it because he doesn't use a case for them and wraps them around his mp3 player?  I've had skullcandy before and they didn't just short out without a reason.  

The only time I've ever had an iem go out was because I was wrapping it around my ipod...my guess is it's the same with him. 

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Quote:

Lots of things are better than PortaPros. I don't think you can proclaim something to be better than any other $50 headphone without hearing every other $50 headphone.

Oh and +2 for the Brainwavz M1. Great deal with or without that Fiio amp.

Thanks. Would you like me to edit my post to say that they're better then everything else that's I'VE tried under $50 so far? It should be obvious, but I guess not.
There are not many other headphones under $50 that are better then the Porta Pros that I'm aware of. They're some of the best sounding headphones under $50 and that's why I'm comparing them to the UR-55.

Jul 26, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 8
I hear great things about the Visang R03 and the NuForce NE-7M. Try checking them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back