(Under $200) Replacement for my AKG K518LE?
Dec 23, 2011 at 1:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

D-X69

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm new here.

Ive had my AKG K518 headphones for 2-3months from now and I gotta be honest, I love the bass, but it can be weary after using it for half an hour or more. I'm looking for a better headphones with heavy-bass(basshead), and very comfortable and non-weary. My budget would be anything below $200. (If you'd think I could spend a lil more on something else, feel free to tell)

P.S.: Oh yeah, when I say I want heavy-bass, I'd not want the clarity to be too poor. I want something that may have the same quality as the Hippo VB IEM. Which the clarity is quite good but not great.

Edited: It need not be portable, it doesn't matter.

Tim

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #2 of 2

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm new here.

Ive had my AKG K518 headphones for 2-3months from now and I gotta be honest, I love the bass, but it can be weary after using it for half an hour or more. I'm looking for a better headphones with heavy-bass(basshead), and very comfortable and non-weary. My budget would be anything below $200. (If you'd think I could spend a lil more on something else, feel free to tell)

P.S.: Oh yeah, when I say I want heavy-bass, I'd not want the clarity to be too poor. I want something that may have the same quality as the Hippo VB IEM. Which the clarity is quite good but not great.

Edited: It need not be portable, it doesn't matter.

Tim

Heya,

Check out:

Ultrasone HFI 580 & 780
Ultrasone PRO 650
Fischer FA-003
Shure SRH750 DJ
AKG K181 DJ
used Denon D2000
Beyer DT770 PRO
Panasonic HTF600
Vmoda M80