Under $200 IEM Help
Sep 21, 2019 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DankAudio

New Head-Fier
Just a small introduction to my musiic preferences, I mostly listen to EDM,electronic,House,Progressive etc.

I was looking for an iem and have narrowed it down to the Kxxs or the OH10, yet I cannot choose or buy both:frowning2:

If you know of any other IEM's as well please let me know

My source is an M11 and i might also buy a 4.4mm cable for whichever IEM I buy

Thanks so much for any answers :)

Sep 21, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 8
I really like my TFZ no. 3 for Electronic and EDM. It has excellent bass quantity and quality (just a tinge short of true basshead levels). And details/clarity/instrument separation ain't too bad.
It retails about 85ish usd during sales.

A cheaper option that i use for electronic music is the semkarch skc cnt1. Previously retailing at 95 usd. It now is about 43usd on ebay for a new set. It is just slightly less in bass quality/quantity and soundstage than the tfz no. 3. And it has an interchangable filter.

Haven't tried your other shortlisted stuff though.

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #3 of 8
I really like my TFZ no. 3 for Electronic and EDM. It has excellent bass quantity and quality (just a tinge short of true basshead levels). And details/clarity/instrument separation ain't too bad.
It retails about 85ish usd during sales.

A cheaper option that i use for electronic music is the semkarch skc cnt1. Previously retailing at 95 usd. It now is about 43usd on ebay for a new set. It is just slightly less in bass quality/quantity and soundstage than the tfz no. 3. And it has an interchangable filter.

Haven't tried your other shortlisted stuff though.
Thanks for the reply, i have heard of the No.3 but heard much better of the OH10 and Kxxs, havent heard of the semkarch skc cnt1 though so thanks for sharing! :)

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for the reply, i have heard of the No.3 but heard much better of the OH10 and Kxxs, havent heard of the semkarch skc cnt1 though so thanks for sharing! :)

The OH10 and KXXS I haven't heard, but they have good reviews. Though they are almost double the price of the TFZ No. 3. But I read the KXXS has less bass than the TFZ No. 3, so that might be a consideration when listening to bass forward music like EDM.

You can possibly check out the rest of the TFZ IEMs. They all generally have very well tuned bass and should be well suited for EDM and other bass forward genres of music.

Yep hope u find your perfect IEM!

Sep 22, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 8
EQed DM6 for better resolution and easy to drive or the kxxs for dat bass and timbre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back