Under $100 with isolation.....not FiiO EX1
Jul 1, 2017 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Abouna

500+ Head-Fier
OK, so I have a set of EX1, really nice balanced sound. I like them, but they are open and not isolating. I need some IEMs for driving in a loud car.

Can't stand bass heavy nor can I tolerate sibilant, any recommendations for well balanced IEMs would be appreciated.

I still miss my old UE Triple-Fis!

Aug 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 9
My trusty workhorses were Audeo PFE series (132, 232 ,etc). Three reasons for these:

1. The shell is NOT big, it fits all types of ears
2. It is deep inserting (the deeper you go, the more seal you get)
3. They fit Comply foam P-series tips, which are absolutely the best in terms of isolation, bar none (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/p-series/).

Now, Audeo has since stopped producing these and there is NOTHING in the market, that ticks all the above boxes.

The best alternative is the Shure SE-series (215, 315, etc). As they also are fairly deep inserting AMD they fit the Comply P-series.

I have tried over 30 different IEMS, including two dozen cheap Chinese ones, more than 100 differnt tips (incl. silicone, rubbert, x-mas tree shaped, long, short, foam, etc).

I'm again on the look out for better insolation, so if anybody has tips esp. ticking the above boxes (along with replaceable cable with microphone), I'm all ears :)

Oct 5, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 9
If you want to see which IEMs fit the Comply P-series, see the following chart and look at the "100 series" part. Everything there except the Klipsch will fit P-series foams:

all-models-compatibility-chart-no-click.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back