[unboxing] KEF LS50 Wireless
Nov 7, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #77 of 344
New owner of the LS50W and am very pleased. The sound is gorgeous. I did not think wireless could sound this accurate.

I am going to add the 12" Kube subwoofer so the "Rites of Spring" or Earth Wind & Fire will rattle my filings.

What a system. special thanks to Taylor at Gold Print Audio. http://www.goldprintaudio.com/demopreownedequipmentspecials.html. I've placed order for the subwoofer through him. It is the 12b model here: https://www.kefdirect.com/kube12-subwoofer.html

I did a lot of homework on this and I agree with those who feel it does not need a subwoofer.

I just want it.

The app needs updating but bluetooth from Audirvana is smooth.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #83 of 344
Hi there, anybody feel that ls50w treble is recessed, mines have too much bass, i play a song and thing i hear is bass & bass. i adjusted Desk mode & wall mode to -6db each and treble trim to +2db but it almost make no sense.
Sorry for my engrisk, it's bad xD

Nov 10, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #84 of 344
Nov 10, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #87 of 344
Hi there, anybody feel that ls50w treble is recessed, mines have too much bass, i play a song and thing i hear is bass & bass. i adjusted Desk mode & wall mode to -6db each and treble trim to +2db but it almost make no sense.
Sorry for my engrisk, it's bad xD

I have a small listening room (8x11), and my solution to the "boomy bass" was to install 10 acoustic panels in the corners and at the first reflection points. I fabricated my panels using 2" Roxul panels, a simple wood frame and a light burlap fabric.

This tamed the bass, however my old ears needed a bit more top end, so I use the DSP in Roon to add a +6db on a ramped slope from about 9Khz upwards.

My LS50W are set at -5db bass and treble trim to +2db. Reduced bass.

I prefer accurate, taught bass to heavy "dub" bass. Especially fond of the acoustic bass. Very happy with the LS50W.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #89 of 344
I had my LS50w since they first came out in the US. Also had them paired with a dual 15inch PSA 3000i sub.

Everyday I am amazed and truly enjoy the sound. Even people who would never looked at audio the way we do are impressed by the clarity the sound of the speakers. Pairing them with a sub provides a mind blowing experience each time.

One off topic question...do you guys, which have the speakers connected to a computer, put windows sound settings for the speakers at 24bit/192khz? The DAC in these will convert it to that regardless of the input, correct? So it would not be best to have windows/programs convert the sound just to have it converted again by the speakers' DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back