Ummm....doesn't this power cord go against Einsteins theory of relitivity?.
Nov 5, 2002 at 8:33 AM Post #46 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by TravelLite
DBT = Double-Blind Test(ing)

TravelLite

REally?? I always thought it was Debate-free... LoL.

ANyway, I assume it's possible for a signal to be accelerated very close to the speed of light. I know some uni. research students did that a few months back with simple equipment... Something to do with collisions giving the electrons more energy or something...

Nov 5, 2002 at 10:03 AM Post #47 of 63
Anyway I don't see how accelerating the electrons to the speed of light would help anything... seeing as it's the wave formed by the mass movement of electrons that travels near the speed of light; each individual electron on travels a few metres of cable in an HOUR, even in DC situation--although the electrons do bounce around in their locale near the speed of light :shrug:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 5, 2002 at 12:59 PM Post #48 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamslacker
REally?? I always thought it was Debate-free... LoL.

****.. i always thought it was Sony's Double Bass Turbo free

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:44 AM Post #49 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyway...electricity is not light. it is another wave form, with another particle involved: the electron. light is made up of photons.

Righhhttt...
rolleyes.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM Post #51 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoustic Chef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Righhhttt...
rolleyes.gif

So are you claiming that electricity is the same as light? Or that light is not made of photons? Or something else? Rolling your eyes at a (five+ year-old) post without providing any explanation of what you feel is inaccurate about the post is not particularly persuasive.

Feb 3, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #52 of 63
Quote:

Righhhttt...
rolleyes.gif

Pretty hilarious, I must say. Any of Google, Wikipedia, or a high school education would be sufficient here.

It's like a pen salesman not knowing what ink is.
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #53 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty hilarious, I must say. Any of Google, Wikipedia, or a high school education would be sufficient here.

It's like a pen salesman not knowing what ink is.
tongue.gif

It's all about product recognition. Getting people to talk about your product is about the best sales tool there is

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #54 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's all about product recognition. Getting people to talk about your product is about the best sales tool there is

Not when we're scrutinising the marketing BS.

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #55 of 63
Quote:

I didn't say it was a bad marketing strategy. Outright lying about what things can do is an excellent way to sell things. Deplorable, but excellent. I may resort to that myself if I ever get around to getting into the "high end cable" game.
tongue.gif

Also, I was more making light of the fact that he's trying to promote electrical cables without knowing what electricity is.

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #57 of 63
Quote:

I didn't say it was a bad marketing strategy. Outright lying about what things can do is an excellent way to sell things. Deplorable, but excellent. I may resort to that myself if I ever get around to getting into the "high end cable" game.
tongue.gif

Also, I was more making light of the fact that he's trying to promote electrical cables without knowing what electricity is.

He may not know anything about electricity...but he does know how to get people to talk about his product...

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:15 AM Post #58 of 63
Quote:

He may not know anything about electricity...but he does know how to get people to talk about his product...

Yes, well, people will just have to wait until my cables have quantum flux capacitors in them.

...Blackgate quantum flux capacitors.

People will never have heard bass so tight, or mids so... bloomed. They'll take several months to burn in, but man, will they be worth it.

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #59 of 63
Quote:

Righhhttt...
rolleyes.gif

why would you dig up a 5 year old post and then reply to it in this stupid manner?

this is the most foolish type of posting ive ever seen.

Feb 4, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #60 of 63
Quote:

Yes, well, people will just have to wait until my cables have quantum flux capacitors in them.

...Blackgate quantum flux capacitors.

People will never have heard bass so tight, or mids so... bloomed. They'll take several months to burn in, but man, will they be worth it.

When will these be available?

tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back