Ummm....doesn't this power cord go against Einsteins theory of relitivity?.
Nov 4, 2002 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Czilla9000

10 Year Member. Still no custom title.
Ok...I could very well be wrong but...

Virtual Dynamics "Speed of Light" tech seems to go against the theory of relitivity?:

"Speed Of Light

How does it work?

Electrons can travel at the speed of light. The capacitance of a cable will often limit how close to light speed an electron can reach. By placing an Acceleration Field within the path of the electrons, we accelerate the electron back to the speed of light. This results in a great increase in the cable's power throughput."

I thought Einstein says you cant accelerate anything to the speed of light.

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 63
You're starting to scare me.
tongue.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by braillediver
Is light a particle or a wave?

Wave.

Nov 4, 2002 at 3:59 AM Post #5 of 63
Czilla,
With all due respect, your post means nothing until you've tried the cable in question... and compared it to others cables within the appropriate limits...

Are you willing to spend the requisite amount of down payment to get a 30-day trial to properly test the VD cord?? If you do, be prepared to shell out all you have for a cord more in line with your budget...

Mark

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Czilla,
With all due respect, your post means nothing until you've tried the cable in question... and compared it to others cables within the appropriate limits...

Are you willing to spend the requisite amount of down payment to get a 30-day trial to properly test the VD cord?? If you do, be prepared to shell out all you have for a cord more in line with your budget...

Mark

Markl...I am not disscussing the ability of the cable to improve sound...but rather the feature in question.

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by pigmode
According to Czilla9000's profile, there is no need of a PC. Whaa'choo try'n ta hide zilla?
smily_headphones1.gif

Ba... PCs...who need them when you have type writers.
wink.gif

Oh...wait...do you mean powercords....

All of my stuff is portable, so I don;t need one..

....yet
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:31 AM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
Markl...I am not disscussing the ability of the cable to improve sound...but rather the feature in question.

I agree. I'm kind of shocked at the extreme flake factor in that ad copy. It's quite disturbing really, and highly irritating. This coming from a happy owner of a Reference Speed of Lite.

I never bothered to read any of the manufactures claims--I bought the cables and listened to them in my system. That's all I should care about, but this ***** is becoming bothersome.

Nov 4, 2002 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Czilla, I think brailledriver was joking -- Louis deBroglie(sp?) showed that light is both a particle and a wave.

Neat...what do ya know...you learn something everyday.

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:06 AM Post #12 of 63
Czilla,
Wait a minute-- what components do you have the VD cord plugged into??? From what to what??? Be specific....

Mark

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:12 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
Czilla,
Wait a minute-- what components do you have the VD cord plugged into??? From what to what??? Be specific....

Mark

I don't have VD cord because I have Big PJ's problem of having nothing to plug it into
biggrin.gif
If only they made AC adapters...

And, I will remind you, that I am not doubting the ability of the PC to improve sound but rather the "Speed of Light" feature.

EDIT: I went ahead and emailed VD with my inquiry, I am looking forward to there response.

BTW...I will be gone from Monday November Fourth to Friday.

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #14 of 63
HE DOESN'T OWN THE ****ING CABLE

Their advertising sounds like complete ********. If it isn't then I would definitely like to get my hands on a large "Acceleration Field" so I can finish work on my shuttle craft.
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2002 at 5:25 AM Post #15 of 63
Radrd...

Though I am thankful for being defended, espessially by a person who owns a VD cable, using the F word only increases the chance of this thread being locked. Lets keep this discussion civil.

Thanks a bunch,

Czilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back