1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UM2s or Senn HD555 / HD595 ?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by donaldekelly, Mar 12, 2008.
  1. donaldekelly Contributor
    Strange question, I guess. I have Westone UM2s. They sound pretty good - but seem to lack some detail. And, I have grown somewhat weary of sticking them in my ears to use them. I think I can be satisfied with KSC75 on the go. (or maybe not if it is noisy - but that is a different issue).

My question is - do the HD555s or 595s sound better than the UM2s?

Unamped - I got tired of carrying and using an amp. I guess I am not really an audiophile.

Usually will be used late at night while sitting in my quiet apartment - wife in the other room and kid asleep most likely.

I have owned HD280s and AT 900s. They were both good - but I decided to go with the UM2s a few years back. Now I am changing my mind again!

If the 555s or 595s don't sound substantially better than the UM2s I might just keep the UM2s.

I might have to buy the 555s and then compare and sell the ones I don't want.

I hope the question is reasonably clear - I am pretty tired. I searched for about a half hour and found some info, but the UM2 vs Senn5*5 comparison is of an bit odd one.

2. donaldekelly Contributor
    No takers? Anyone used the UM2 and Senn HD555 or 595 ???

Thanks