UM1 vs UM2 How much better ?
May 29, 2008 at 1:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mr56k

500+ Head-Fier
Really really like my Westone UM1's. Most comfortable iem I have ever owned and like the sound signature. Just curious if anyone can comment on the comparison between the UM1 vs UM2 ? Really worth the price difference? I don't mind shelling out the $ if its quite a bit better. Just hoping to get some opinions on people that have used both. Thanks

Ryan

May 29, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Having owned both, if you pay a reasonable cost for the UM2 used (around $200), it's worth the extra money.

I don't think it's worth its MSRP compared to the UM1's MSRP, but for general used rates, I think it's worth it.

May 29, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 7
I loved UM1s but always felt they lacked some bass. So if that is what you feel too then you should upgrade to UM2

May 29, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 7
The other great thing about the UM2 is that it's very responsive to EQ (keep in mind it's supposed to be a professional monitor). This is especially great considering how many people here seem to want to EQ their sound but don't want to use an EQ, resorting to "bassy" amps and such when simply upping the bass would do.

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #7 of 7
just wanted to give my late feedback.

i have the UM2 and my wife has UM1. UM1 sounds great, and my UM2 sounds better. i don't know how much simpler i can make it.

if i were you, i would wait until you kill your UM1 (like snagging them at the gym) or are in need of a second pair of phones. save your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back