1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

UM Merlin, Dream Earz AUD-5x or 1964 Ears V8

1. Sludig
    I´m thinking about to get my first pair of custom IEM, but there are so many options! I want an IEM with good bass (quality and quantity), but also as detailed as possible into $700-800 price range. After reading a lot, finalist are UM Merlin, Dream Earz AUD-7x and recently launched 1964 Ears V8.

I can´t listen to them before, so I´d like to know what do you recommend between them and/or if you recommend another options. My favorite headhones/earphones have been Stagediver SD3, RE400 and LCD-2.

2. efib
    Very interesting, although I can't help you because it will only be speculations, but somehow UM Merlin caught my attention and I might go for it after UM mentors.
    Waiting to see what others have to say..

3. djcarpentier
    I have this exact question. I'm waffling between the 5x and merlin. The merlin is $300 more, but also a hybrid, which I'm very interested in.

The 5x has great reviews but as there's no chance I can try it it's a big chance. Any more thoughts?

4. Ivabign
    I'm a big fan of the V8 - and its a universal - I figure the custom is even better - great detail - no burying of other frequencies with overpowering bass - very clear and clean. I don't have experience with the UM products - I think the price is what deters some from the V8 - it should be a $1K+  CIEM - but the lower price leads some to believe there is a reason - the reason has nothing to do with quality of sound.

5. Sludig
    Thanks for your impressions! V8 are receiving goods reviews, I think they would be best option for me. At $799 they are a steal.