UM Global Deal - The lucky 25 (All slots filled so please stop PM'n me to join)
Feb 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #962 of 1,228
i think that what they meant was the refit service was free. you will still have to pay for shipping both ways as Danny has just pointed out as well.

I wished that it would be no shipping charge, since it makes sense that each side should be responsible for their own shipping cost. 

I can see UM's argument, because it could also be the problem of your ear impression which is not their fault at all. 

oh, well. i just hope that i can get it back soon. :)

Quote:
Refits are free if within 30 days for UM products. But I believe the Merlin and Miracle have extended refit periods of 60 days. If you are within that time frame and got charged, then you should certainly let UM know. 

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:10 AM Post #963 of 1,228
blink.gif
 Still nothing?

Mar 9, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #968 of 1,228
the situation with ampcity and the cable is absolutely ridiculous

what happened to the "shipping in 10 days" that was quoted aboy a month ago

surely they have other (better ?) cables available instead to compensate for the delay ?

Mar 10, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #969 of 1,228
^They have offered a Beat Audio cable I believe.  I think most of us are waiting for the Fortis cable.  My re-shells are due to arrive Monday without the promo items.  I ended up getting different colors for both CIEMS from the originals I had.  I'll post some pics when I get em.  The turn-around time for the re-shells ended up being 5 weeks from shipped date to received date.  

Mar 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #970 of 1,228

Merlin re-shells and refits.

Miracles

I think this time around, the fit must be right since now I can tell why the Miracles are so highly praised.  The bass, when called for, is some of the best I've heard.  As for the Merlins, it's still as good as I remember them.  I can't tell which I prefer right now because both are very, very good.  I've never thought in-ears could be as good as headphones but I might just change my mind after all.  

Mar 12, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #972 of 1,228

Quote:
They look really good.
What's the biggest difference in sound between the two?

I think instrument separation is one of the biggest differences.  Also, the bass on the Miracles have more thump compared to Merlins reaching that sub-bass with more ease.  On certain tracks, the bass on the Miracles just sound better though.  This is coming from a guy that absolutely loves dynamic bass.  So far, listening today, the Miracles have given me goose bumps on certain tracks and the Merlins have yet to do that.  Third edit to this response.  I definitely need more head time.  I've been listening to the Merlins for the past couple of hours and been really loving them also.  The bass is just incredible.  I'll have to muster up a review comparing the two in the future after I've REALLY had some time with them.  

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #973 of 1,228

Quote:
I think instrument separation is one of the biggest differences.  Also, the bass on the Miracles have more thump compared to Merlins reaching that sub-bass with more ease.  On certain tracks, the bass on the Miracles just sound better though.  This is coming from a guy that absolutely loves dynamic bass.  So far, listening today, the Miracles have given me goose bumps on certain tracks and the Merlins have yet to do that.  Third edit to this response.  I definitely need more head time.  I've been listening to the Merlins for the past couple of hours and been really loving them also.  The bass is just incredible.  I'll have to muster up a review comparing the two in the future after I've REALLY had some time with them.  

Isn't it amazing what the Miracles can do? I'm about to order a pair of Merlins but I don't think they will be better than the Miracles at all.  Actually I'm kinda scared that I wont really like the Merlins as much since I've gotten used to the balanced sound of the Miracles.. Definitely different iems for different situations though.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #974 of 1,228
The Miracles are a strange, lovely beast.. they're so effortless and polite while being very agile and robust.  The presentation is a unique mixture of being highly involving.. but laid back at the same time.  At times, their smooth, virtually inoffensive sound has me thinking they're just raring to 'scream' and belt out something ridiculous cause of their incredible technical abilities.  They're simply unable to 'break a sweat' no matter what you throw at them.  If I didn't know before hand that these had BAs, I would've thought I was listening to one of the finest (multi) dynamic driver IEMs produced.  The natural texturing & timbre is that good.. completely free of grain or unnatural decay.

As I've said before, they're a mix of all the best/most unique/favorite features from my other phones:  the RE262's airy, midrange liquidity, the Silver Bullet's massive soundstage, the HD580's tinge of warmth and smoothness, the Quad's nimble, bottomless, heavenly textured bass, the e-Q5's clarity and control, and the HE-500/Paradox' freakish microdetail, balance, accuracy, and timbre.

I still don't think they'd be for 'everyone' cause they certainly have a (very subtle, refined, sophisticated) signature that might be too polite for some.. but when it comes to technicalities, sheer listening enjoyment (that's non-fatiguing), and immersiveness.. they're incredibly hard to fault, IMO.

Easily among the best $800+ I've spent.. on anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back