Ultrasone upgrade
Mar 9, 2020 at 4:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RonyG

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I would like a recommendation for upgrading my Ultrasone Hfi780 which I use for 15 years now.
Its time for a new cans to excite me once again.
I would like to continue with Ultrasone and no other if possible.
There are so much options now, I was looking on Hfi780I, Pro 550I, performance 840 or 880 and a also at Signature DJ which are much more expensive then the others,
But I am willing to spend the extra if it will be really that special.

Mostly I listen to EDM but also almost all modern genres.

Any assistance would be most welcomed.
Thanks in advance.

Mar 9, 2020 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey!

I owned the 580 and 780 Ultrasones about a decade back. Trust me when i tell you theres a lot of good and better options that wont break the bank. If youre an EDM junkie youll want the EMU Teak. I know you like the Ultrasones, but the EMU Teak is certainly the best EDM headphone. Its pretty forgiving, so it does well on poorly recorded stuff ( modern, lofi, radio).

This hobby is good to try out a bunch of brands. I cant reccomend you Ultrasone, but look into EMU Teak unless you can find a TH900 mk1 thats within your budget.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 5
Hey!

I owned the 580 and 780 Ultrasones about a decade back. Trust me when i tell you theres a lot of good and better options that wont break the bank. If youre an EDM junkie youll want the EMU Teak. I know you like the Ultrasones, but the EMU Teak is certainly the best EDM headphone. Its pretty forgiving, so it does well on poorly recorded stuff ( modern, lofi, radio).

This hobby is good to try out a bunch of brands. I cant reccomend you Ultrasone, but look into EMU Teak unless you can find a TH900 mk1 thats within your budget.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back