Ultrasone to release NEW Edition 10!
Oct 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 15

Ultrasone Edition 10 Headphones

If you've been searching for ridiculously overpriced headphones to match that $19,000 turntable you bought a while back, search no more. The Ultrasone Edition 10 Headphones ($2,750) come with eye-popping looks and sound to match their price, featuring open-back ear cups with galvanic Ruthenium plating and a Zebrano wood inlay, Ethiopian sheepskin leather ear cup pads, Titanium-plated 40mm drivers, silver-plated OFC 99.99% pure copper wires with Kevlar casing, S-Logic Pus technology, and a bunch of other high-end nonsense no one will ever notice because your ears will look like zebra. 

Oct 14, 2010 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 15
Q: Want to hear a $3000 joke?

A: THE EDITION 10!!!!

Great joke, amirite?
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #5 of 15
Hi Sasaki, I saw you mention that purchased the Edition 10. Do you have it already? If so, I would love to read some impressions. It seems it has not arrived in Japan yet, or least I could not find it in Osaka.   Thanks!

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #6 of 15
Yes, I have it. Now ed10 is out in Japan. Have a look on Fujiya blog or advertise.

I think the best description of the ed10 sound is something close to ed8 sound with open airily sound. But ed10 has its own.
Fairly sharp and fast, solid and much detailed. ed10 has a good bass too. Sound staging is 3d holographic thanks to s-logic, especially if you use nice amp. I use ed10 with headroom desktop with audiophilleo USB-DDC hooked up to win7. Comparing to other brands, I like musical sound signature of Ultrasone but this is just my opinion.
Anyway it is almost out of box and now burning it in ...

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #7 of 15
If the bass is as strong as the ED8's bass, then that'll be a disappointment, for me at least.  Did you buy this pair or are they a loaner?

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #8 of 15
The bass of edition10 is not humped but it is very deep and tight. I tested with church pipe-organ bass test track to confirm.. very nice bass
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought this one so this is mine. I tried edition 10 demo twice, one was the rollout event and ther other was to write an audio  magazine review (Audio Basic September issue). I was very much impressed so I decided to take. 

Oct 23, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 15
Looks like a work of art.  I have one on pre-order.  Are you going to reterminate it to balanced?  What is your impression of the quality of the cable?

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #10 of 15
I find the ED8 bass to be extremely amp specific.  The 10s look great, would love to hear them/get a pair but aaah my wife...i would be afraid to go to sleep at night if she knew.
eek.gif

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 15
Any more impressions Sasaki? I would love to hear your thoughts comparing them to the HD800s and LCD's.

Enjoy the headphones festival. I wish I could be there!

Nov 10, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #13 of 15
x2, but if the sound quality is comparable or better than some or most reference models out there today, the valuation may be well justified purely on the basis of the fact that it is a limited edition model.

I'm sure that similar sentiments were echoed back when the Sony R10s were released or even the Qualias.  In the end, it will end up where it always is; in the eyes of the beholders.

Nov 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
I find the ED8 bass to be extremely amp specific.  The 10s look great, would love to hear them/get a pair but aaah my wife...i would be afraid to go to sleep at night if she knew.
eek.gif

sounds like you need a safer wife! 
eek.gif
  else, always sleep with one eye open
ph34r.gif

Quote:
Any more impressions Sasaki? I would love to hear your thoughts comparing them to the HD800s and LCD's.

yes, please share more detailed thoughts on this phone, especially compared with other high end cans.

Nov 22, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
eek.gif

Always remember to get your wife something nice as well it makes it a lot easier.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back