Ultrasone Pro 900...the best for me?
Jun 4, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #21 of 28
And if it helps I tried out some beats by dr.dre. All of them had too much horrible bass that was just muddy and simply...just there. No  clarity...no punch...I actually preffered the much less bassier Solos from Luda Cris more because of their much better quality...never knew beats were that terribe...just couldn't stand them.

Jun 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #23 of 28
Yeah it's impossible to buy headphones based on subjective reviews, they're confusing and contradicting at best. Ultimately it will come down to personal preference, you're going to have to listen to them yourself. 

Chances are if you're looking for decent bass any number of headphones will suffice, just make sure they're amplified properly and buy the best source you can afford.

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:
Yeah it's impossible to buy headphones based on subjective reviews, they're confusing and contradicting at best. Ultimately it will come down to personal preference, you're going to have to listen to them yourself. 

Chances are if you're looking for decent bass any number of headphones will suffice, just make sure they're amplified properly and buy the best source you can afford.

Agreed. It's better to just go down to whatever store that sells these more expensive headphones and go that route. For what it's worth, there are some headphones at a $150 price point that actually are easier to listen to, or provides a better sound signature, for EDM than some of these very expensive headphones.

So, TS, just go to a store that sells headphones and have a listen. Chances are that you may end up saving a lot of money; picking out the right one for you instead of ordering blindly whatever we suggest to you, and you may actually end up with a $150 headphone instead of a $800 one.

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:
Agreed. It's better to just go down to whatever store that sells these more expensive headphones and go that route. For what it's worth, there are some headphones at a $150 price point that actually are easier to listen to, or provides a better sound signature, for EDM than some of these very expensive headphones.

So, TS, just go to a store that sells headphones and have a listen. Chances are that you may end up saving a lot of money; picking out the right one for you instead of ordering blindly whatever we suggest to you, and you may actually end up with a $150 headphone instead of a $800 one.

Thats just the thing...I have no idea which stores have some headphones like these to try out...Best Buy barely has any.Do you know a good place?

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Thats just the thing...I have no idea which stores have some headphones like these to try out...Best Buy barely has any.Do you know a good place?

Well, we do have some stores over here in Sweden, but I doubt you'd find them especially useful. :wink:

Seriously though, I suppose you live in US and to my knowledge, you should have a chain called "Guitar Center" (or something along those lines) that sells headphones. I can't really help you more than that.

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #27 of 28
Are the Signature Pros a nice upgrade. I found them for $800. Do they give a nice fast, tight, punchy bass for edm...and have great overall quality...or could the edition 9 or 8 be better for a nice punch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back