Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Dec 15, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #5,237 of 5,992
How do these cans compare to the HFI-580s?  Thoughts and feedback on this would be great!

Thanks!

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #5,240 of 5,992
The pads for the 750 don't bother me as they originally did.  I might gotten used to them or just from use got softer. (most likely used to)  I really hope to try the 900 some day.  I just can not justify the price at the moment compared with the price of the 750.  I do love them so much though.  The 750 offer a sound that makes you happy to work a crummy job.  Thanks for the response roller.  

Dec 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #5,241 of 5,992
I knew my pro 900s were defective for a long time today it finally caught up with me and the right driver is dead without putting pressure on the right ear, driver sounds fine probably some fault wiring, can't even contact them to get an rma till next week >.<

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #5,242 of 5,992
Hi guys, new to the forums here but this thread seems to be the definitive resource on these cans.

I got a set of these just under a fortnight ago and was blown away by the sound. I listen to a lot of instrumental hiphop and the bass on these things is (well, was) incredible. I've probably done less than 30 hours on them so far and probably in the last 5 hours of listening I've noticed a massive decrease in the quality and quantity of the bass. They've gone from bass head heaven to relatively flat and boring.

This definitey isn't just me gradually getting used to them either, as my housemates who have only listened to them out of the box and now, agree that the bass is nothing like what it originally was. Is this a known problem?

What do you guys reckon the likelihood of getting a replacement is? I live in australia and got them from an online store called addicted to audio. This is a really annoying situation for me as I'm a dirt poor uni student and saved for ages to get these.

Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #5,243 of 5,992
Hi Matt,
Is there any cracking, static or distortion or just bass drop off?

I posted this in the Ultrasone Fan Thread (post 1576)

I was a non-believer in burn-in until I received my first pair of Ultrasones. It's been my experience that Ultrasones don't follow the traditional burn-in agenda whereas things start to tighten up as time goes along. The 'Sones go in waves. It gets to a point that you don't want them to change and just stay put because they sound good at certain points.

I documented the whole process after 20 hour increments and was taken back by the up and down changes? After I received my second pair, I listened for an hour and put them down to rock and roll and only peeked in every 20 hours. For me the magic number was between 200-250 hours to level out. The HFI-780, PRO2500 and HFI-2200 went through the most significant "waves" during the process.

Of course YMMV, but most importantly if you don't like the base signature of the phone, burn-in will not transform them into something else, just refine them when it's all said and done.

Sent from my iPad from Ultrasone Planet using Tapatalk HD

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #5,244 of 5,992
Quote:
 I've probably done less than 30 hours on them so far and probably in the last 5 hours of listening I've noticed a massive decrease in the quality and quantity of the bass. They've gone from bass head heaven to relatively flat and boring.
This definitey isn't just me gradually getting used to them either, as my housemates who have only listened to them out of the box and now, agree that the bass is nothing like what it originally was. Is this a known problem?

Did you check the earpads? I recall freaking out one time one of my earpads was incorrectly attached and the bass felt 'off'.

Jan 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #5,245 of 5,992
How did your Ultrasones turn out?  I hated to send mine in when my left pad was noticeably more quiet, but they had excellent turn around and service.  I had mine back in 1 week, including shipping to and from Ultrasone.  I believe they are in southern California.  I am in northern Cal.

Jan 6, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #5,246 of 5,992
Selling my Pro900s regrettably :frowning2:
Do love the bass but haven't been using them much lately and looking at buying a more neutral closed pair

Have put them on ebay, postage will be cheapest for fellow-Australians
PM me for link or to purchase outside of ebay (am after for 300+post)
They come with the spare pads as Denon d2k/d5k pads instead of spare velours (a good thing for those who prefer pleather comfort and sonically slightly different)

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #5,247 of 5,992
Quote:
Have put them on ebay, postage will be cheapest for fellow-Australians
PM me for link or to purchase outside of ebay (am after for 300+post)
They come with the spare pads as Denon d2k/d5k pads instead of spare velours (a good thing for those who prefer pleather comfort and sonically slightly different)

Why not post it in the trading forum?

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #5,248 of 5,992
Why not post it in the trading forum?

I probably will do soon, just spent awhile doing the eBay listing so whenever I can be bothered in the next day or two :p
EDIT: here is the forum listing -
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644771/ultrasone-pro-900-with-spare-denon-d2k-d5k-pleather-pads

Jan 6, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #5,249 of 5,992
I have been offered a pair of ultrasone pro 750 for £115,  do you think this is a good price?

They have quite a few scratches and marks but have been told its all cosmetic only.

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5,250 of 5,992
Quote:
I probably will do soon, just spent awhile doing the eBay listing so whenever I can be bothered in the next day or two :p
EDIT: here is the forum listing -
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644771/ultrasone-pro-900-with-spare-denon-d2k-d5k-pleather-pads

Just a tip, put in a [AUS] tag in the title and change the currency to $AUD. Makes searching for fellow Australian buyers easier. 
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back