Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Feb 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #362 of 5,992
I must admitt though that live performances sound STUNNING!!!
In fact, I'd say they sound better on the pro 900s, than they do when you're actually there, but obviously going to a concert has other merits :p

Feb 7, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #363 of 5,992

Quote:
Quote:
Will Kees mod roll off the high fq? What else does it do overall?

It is said to slightly roll off the highs, slightly attenuate the bass and bring the mids forward a little.

Sounds perfect! Guess I am doing the Kees mod next
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #364 of 5,992
I'm finding these cans to be excellent with classical and jazz, in addition to rock. In all, a really balanced sound with great range. Not quite the neutrality of some other cans but very hard to find fault. Impressive. I really like them with the Heed Canamp.

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #365 of 5,992
Got an upgrade cable in from warrior05. Very nice bump in SQ, and quite well made. Extremely reasonable cost for the benefits to the frequency range. More to come as it burns in some. 

Feb 8, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #367 of 5,992
Just PM warrior05 if you'd like him to do one for you. 

I see you're in London-- I so wish I could make it to the meet coming up. I'll be in London for about a week, until the day before. Flights booked already. 
mad.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:13 PM Post #368 of 5,992
Very nice! how much was it, if I may ask?
Btw, my set up looks just like that except for the cables and the DAP :)

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #369 of 5,992
The cable was $62 shipped! The Arrow and Pro 900s seem like they were made for each other.  
beyersmile.png

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #370 of 5,992
I've always wanted one of those Sony X Walkmans. But they never went on sale...

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #371 of 5,992
I actually Un-Kees modded mine, and I'll have to say I like it better. For some reason, the highs seemed really bright when comparing to my T50RP, so I took everything out, and the highs got back in line. Strange huh? Overall though, I think I'll pass up on modding my headphones now. I'll just be satisfied with whatever stock has to bring me.

Feb 8, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #372 of 5,992
Is that your monkey wrench that I see?

Feb 8, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #374 of 5,992
I wonder what a silver balanced cable would do with these. Probably get it to an unreal level of speed and detail!
biggrin.gif
 I am getting into making cables and such, so if I get the Pro 900s, I will probably try that, along with a good balanced amp like the Ibasso PB1 or PB2. Good to know that the Blue Dragon is a nice upgrade. Haloxt maintains that even a cheap copper cables that is a larger gauge than stock, such as 20 or 22 gauge, unchokes the bass and opens up the sound.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #375 of 5,992

Quote:
I wonder what a silver balanced cable would do with these. Probably get it to an unreal level of speed and detail!
biggrin.gif
 I am getting into making cables and such, so if I get the Pro 900s, I will probably try that, along with a good balanced amp like the Ibasso PB1 or PB2. Good to know that the Blue Dragon is a nice upgrade. Haloxt maintains that even a cheap copper cables that is a larger gauge than stock, such as 20 or 22 gauge, unchokes the bass and opens up the sound.

That's exactly what I'm hearing now with this cable. They seemed so open and detailed stock anyway, but with the new cable the bass is definitely cleaner, and reaches a bit lower at the same time--  when switching back to the stock cable bass seems more congested and thick, while not having the same reach. That was quite a surprise. The overall sound just got more open overall though, with a bit more space and separation. The stage definitely widened too. I'd say that, along with the better quality bass, are the biggest changes I've noticed so far and the cable only has about 10 hours or so on it at this point.

And what are you waiting for on the purchase? ....If you get them?.. don't you mean when??  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back