Ultrasone Pro 900 Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #5,792 of 5,990
Hey guys, i just got my pro 900's today and have really been enjoying them!.. Im using it out of my android into a fiio e11.. But i was just wondering what the recommended portable amp fo these are.. Would it be worth it to pick up a fiio e12 instead of the e11?

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #5,793 of 5,990
Hey guys, i just got my pro 900's today and have really been enjoying them!.. Im using it out of my android into a fiio e11.. But i was just wondering what the recommended portable amp fo these are.. Would it be worth it to pick up a fiio e12 instead of the e11?

The best portable amp I have tried on THOSE was the Arrow 3G........best bass boost I heard/felt.

I also double amped with a Digizoid ZO and E-11. Talk about bass........

Glad your enjoying them.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #5,795 of 5,990
My right ear cup gave out a while ago.. I pulled it apart but wasn't really sure what I'm looking for. 

Anyone see any irregularities? I think it's just a weak solder point and needs re-soldering.  But I'm just an amateur..  Help please =(

These are my grocery getters :)

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #5,798 of 5,990
Wait just a second. Get some alligator clip leads, clip onto both leads from the driver and see if it is a driver issue or the wire in the cord. Touch 2 bare wires to the driver and listen for sound. Get a voltmeter and test the leads to the plug for connectivity.

This could be as simple as replacing the cord, and that would be a good time to upgrade the cord and make it exchangeable with a female 3.5mm socket.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:15 PM Post #5,801 of 5,990
Hi guys. I've been looking at getting a portable headphone for ddm recently and I've stumbled upon these. From the reviews they sound like they are just perfect for the music that I listen to as 90% of it is EDM. 
I have just a couple of questions though. Firstly, how much would you value these headphones at / how much would you pay for these headphones. They're currently at $550 on amazon or £300 in the Uk / $470 and I thought that that seems quite expensive. 
Also, is there any sort of warranty with these headphones at all. I've read a few reviews on amazon saying that if they break you're on your own and I simply don't have any knowledge on how to fix any issue with headphones. 

Cheers guys. 

Aug 26, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #5,802 of 5,990
There are quite a few official dealers who offer their own warranty on the headphones they sell. I would avoid purchasing from Amazon with something quite expensive unless it was actually Amazon selling the product. I don't own these but people who have paid around £300 have said they've been more than worth it. I don't think you will find a new pair under that price anywhere unless you're really lucky or catch a good sale. Don't Ultrasone offer a minimum warranty? I am sure they do. The people on Amazon could have purchased from a random seller instead of somebody or a company that is reputable. You should send Ultrasone an email and find out, but i have heard these are great with Electronic Dance Music and the bass is something spectacular.

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #5,803 of 5,990
  Hi guys. I've been looking at getting a portable headphone for ddm recently and I've stumbled upon these. From the reviews they sound like they are just perfect for the music that I listen to as 90% of it is EDM. 
I have just a couple of questions though. Firstly, how much would you value these headphones at / how much would you pay for these headphones. They're currently at $550 on amazon or £300 in the Uk / $470 and I thought that that seems quite expensive. 
Also, is there any sort of warranty with these headphones at all. I've read a few reviews on amazon saying that if they break you're on your own and I simply don't have any knowledge on how to fix any issue with headphones. 

Cheers guys. 

You can get these cans for a decent deal between $250-$350 on the for sale forum here in very good condition usually. Keep your eyes peeled. I think they would be a steal at $250 for example if they aren't beat up. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back