Ultrasone Pro 900 Gamers Gather! Opinions / Suggestions.
Mar 31, 2013 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Povell42

100+ Head-Fier
   I have been on my adventure to find my ideal Gaming setup using headphones.  I have always loved good sound and have a couple 5.1 setups in my home.  Becoming a father has put a very large damper on being able to use my sound systems for gaming and movies at night and I decided I need to get some good headphones for my new "quiet" audio setup.

I think I am leaning toward the Pro 900. I am looking for a great gaming / movie headphone. I have had some listening time with a few different headphones as I have been exploring my personal preferences in the world of headphone audio.

I have auditioned the ATH-AD700, AKG Q701, Beyer DT990 pro (250 Ohm) and the Superlux HD668b.  At first, I thought my preference was leaning toward a more balanced sound, but I now seem to be less interested in balance , and more about fun and immersion. I will mostly be using these for PC gaming with a Sound Blaster Z. I will also be using them for movies and Tv shows. Lastly, music is important, but I am willing to buy a different set of Headphones for music in the future.

I have recently discovered the Buttkicker Gamer 2, which acts like a silent sub-woofer by vibrating your office chair to low frequencies.  I absolutely love it and it has made me feel like I want more bass in my headphones. 

However,  I am very picky.  I kinda want it all - good sound stage, detailed imaging, Immersion, bass...ect.  I play FPS like Black ops 2, but I also have many single player campaigns - so I wanted something good at competitive gaming, but fun for solo playing. 

I saw Mad Lust Envy's gaming guide which is what lead me to check out the Pro 900s.  However, I am interested in others opinions regarding gaming.

I started this forum because I could not find a forum that was dedicated to those using the Pro 900 for gaming.  And I thought i might be helpful in the future for others looking at these HP for gaming. 

Anyone that has used the Pro 900s for gaming please share your likes/dislikes about them.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 6
Bump.....no Ultrasone Pro 900 gamers? Im looking for some confirmation on whether these are the best closed headphones for gaming as some have claimed. Any one use any of the Ultrasone heaphones with S-logic for gaming?

The reason I am interested in Ultrasone is because they claim to have the good bass that a closed HP can produce, yet a spacious and wide sound stage that can come close to an open backed HP?

Apr 1, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 6
I can't speak as a gamer, but I can tell you that my AKG K550's have a better soundstage than my Pro 900's. However, they are light on bass, and will get hot if you wear them for extended periods of time due to the pleather pads. The S-logic system does work to give you a decently sized soundstage. However, I hear it as a distorted soundstage that isn't quite natural. While the treble and mids seem to be represented coherently in the soundstage, the bass sounds like it's right in your ear. I'm not sure if that would be an issue when gaming.

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I can't speak as a gamer, but I can tell you that my AKG K550's have a better soundstage than my Pro 900's. However, they are light on bass, and will get hot if you wear them for extended periods of time due to the pleather pads. The S-logic system does work to give you a decently sized soundstage. However, I hear it as a distorted soundstage that isn't quite natural. While the treble and mids seem to be represented coherently in the soundstage, the bass sounds like it's right in your ear. I'm not sure if that would be an issue when gaming.

Thank you for your opinions and info about the Pro 900.

I think I am going to take the plunge and order the 900 to see just how well they do for gaming for myself. I am interested in their bass mainly because I have purchased a Buttkicker gamer "silent" subwoofer and i want to hear the bass as much as I am feeling it.

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #5 of 6
Alright, hope you like them! On a side note, it seems like the going price for new Pro 900's on eBay is $40 cheaper or so than the Amazon price if you're open to that option.

Apr 1, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
Alright, hope you like them! On a side note, it seems like the going price for new Pro 900's on eBay is $40 cheaper or so than the Amazon price if you're open to that option.

I've never really used ebay and I am unfamiliar with it.  I know Amazon has an awesome return policy. Amazon Prime has been awesome - free 2 day shipping and $3.99 for 1 day shipping upgrade.  (free return shipping as well).  Thank you for the heads up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back