Ultrasone PRO 900 first impressions! Amazing!
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kebbin15

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Ultrasone PRO 900 yesterday, and all I can say is WooooW! These headphones are just amazing and I'm totally blown away! The build quality looks very sturdy and the accesories included are quite a nice touch especially the included pads. First listen with Ultrasone Demo CD was very mind blowing. The bass is really huge and Deep (which I like) without drowning the mids and highs. When listening with the Fireworks demo, I actually felt the fireworks more than hearing it. I've owned some Audio-Techinca's and Denon's but these Ultrasone's blew them all away. IMO, these are all-arounder headphones. Played some jazz, classical, rock, EDM and the result was out of this world! Btw, I'm just using it straight from my laptop (Fiio E7 soon) and it sounds amazing but I think it needs more juice. I wonder how this going to sound after 200hrs of burn-in. Hmmm can't wait! Ultrasone really did a great job here especially the S-logic. These are only my first impressions and I will keep you guys updated after 200hrs of burn-in. But I think my headphone adventure is finally over. Totally worth every penny and wait.

:)

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Glad you like them :)

I bought mine over 1 1/2 years ago and barely listened to it 3 times.  I haven't even got more than 3 hours on them, let alone burn them in for 200. 

They just aren't 'closed back' enough for me.  I really cherish the closed back (noise pollution reduction) design: noise cancelling headphones aren't great, unless you are in a high pressure environment, like 10,000ft above ground level, and can't use closed backs.  The ultrasone 900 sound is very 'live' sounding for me. 

I see you're using a Fiio with yours  A mid-range amplifier isn't ideal for it I guess (like the Milletts I use).  I think I need to explore some amp pairings to enjoy mine. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #3 of 4
Nice...
Congrats on your new toy and have fun with it..

Head_case
Matrix M-Stage is a good entry level amp to be paired with the Pro's..
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back