1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Ultrasone Pro 900 Cable Problem (extremely frustrated)

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by sonic atrocity, Dec 15, 2010.
  1. Sonic Atrocity
    Okay, so today I just got my brand new Ultrasone Pro 900s. They are absolutely fantastic. I had a great time listening to Emperor's Prometheus in the family room and am really glad I bought them. HOWEVER, later on in the evening I was trying to plug the cable into the headphones again but with no success. I realize it is a screw-in but it just won't "catch" or something. I cannot get it in properly. I have heard of similar issues before but cannot find a thread on it.

Anyone able to help me out here? I am seriously frustrated (and made a great effort at not swearing in this thread!).

2. jpelg
    Hold the headphones with one hand, while inserting the cable & applying slight upward pressure into the earcup with the other hand, as you turn one or the other until the thread catches. Keep turning/screwing in the cable until it won't go any more.

No need to apply undue force, but a firm hand is required.

3. tisb0b
    brute force fixes everything, they are a very sturdy headphone so you aren't going to break them by applying excessive force in order to get the cable to screw in. 

4. Sonic Atrocity
    Wow. Jeez, thanks guys. I really appreciate it. I was terrified of breaking them earlier and I just gave it some "man" and it worked just fine. I heard a small click, actually. Thank you very much for the help!!

5. matthewh133

Quote:

Hahaha I had the same issue when I first got them. Was afraid I would break them but just had to give it a good push. Glad you got it going.

Edit: Hooray for bumping old posts >.>

6. Sonic Atrocity
    Hurray for responding to extremely old threads while stoned. :)

7. lalavideos

Quote:

hey, i was wondering if aftermarket cables will fit into the pro 900's?, if so, wt kind of cables do i need to look for?...
    i know some1 selling them w/o the cables hence the silly questioning :p

peace!!!