Ultrasone Pro 900 3.5mm cable issue - need replacement
Sep 24, 2012 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Remus Lupin

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I purchased a brand new pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's less than one year ago from ebay. While they sound amazing, I started having an issue with the included 3.5mm headphone cable about one month ago. Sound will only come out of one side of the headphones. I know it is the cable because if I bend it in a certain way the sound works and if I switch the cable to the larger 1/4 inch size the headphones work fine. I contacted the seller to try and have the cable replaced under warranty (no visible damage to the cable - I take care of my things). I was told I needed to contact the manufacturer - Ultrasone - directly. I emailed them about two weeks ago and have yet to hear back from them. 

My question for you guys is if you know of an aftermarket or OEM replacement cable that I can purchase to replace my broken one - I could not find anywhere a replacement OEM 3.5mm cable of the same length for my headphones. I DO NOT want to spend a lot of money (less than $50). 

OR if any of you have dealt with Ultrasone before if you know of an efficient way to RMA my product. I could not find any way of RMAing the headphones, so I sent a general email for assistance.

Any help is appreciated,

thank you!

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 8
Does it have to be OEM? Why not aftermarket? You'd probably find a better one for cheaper than what Ultrasone would sting ya. I'm still waiting on my Pro900's. Feels like an eternity. It's only been 4 days, mind you.

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:38 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Ultrasone USA has various cables ranging from $12 and up.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I probably should have realized this before posting but I had seen a couple of cables listed on their site. This being one for $12 (a bit short but they have longer) http://ultrasone.com/stores/us/Cable/Extension-cable-33-34.html

But the Pro 900's is not listed as one of compatible headphones (they include Pro 550, 650, 750, 2500 etc.) I suppose they just did not update the listing after the 900's were released. It doesn't make sense that they would use a different size cable for the Pro 900's. I just assumed it would not fit so never considered those as options.

Quote:
Does it have to be OEM? Why not aftermarket? You'd probably find a better one for cheaper than what Ultrasone would sting ya. I'm still waiting on my Pro900's. Feels like an eternity. It's only been 4 days, mind you.

I suppose the main reason I wanted to go OEM was because it SHOULD be under warranty but I can't figure out how to RMA it.
But I suppose it isn't worth the hassle seeing as they still have not responded. I guess I will search the forums/google for an aftermarket cable. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back