Ultrasone Pro 750 - Muffled Sound? Burn-In Time Needed?
Dec 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tqt1015

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I just joined Head-Fi today. I just received my new Ultrasone Pro 750 today. At first I thought the bass was amazingly deep and powerful. Great. But then I put on my really old Sony MDR-CD780 from eons ago, and I thought the Sony's provide clearers mids and crisper highs, just the bass wasn't as deep and tight. What's wrong with me, haha? Do I need to burn-in the Ultrasone? Do I just like lots of treble and soundstage? Also, my head hurts as these are really tight on my head, only after 5 minutes. Oh, and I pair these with my FiiO E11 (setting generally Gain High, and EQ level 2).

I've bought/returned several pairs within the last few months (in ranking order):

1) Audio-Technica ATH-900X (loved the comfort, soundstage was good, but when compared to my Sony's, I liked the Sony's)
2) Beyerdynamic DT750 (really liked them for a few weeks, liked the bass, didn't like the soundstage in comparison to ATH-900X)
3) Sennheiser HD380 (muffled sound, lacked a good soundstage, way too tight on my head, caused headaches)
4) AKG K272 (bland sound, decent comfort).
5) Sony XB500 (

Please help me make a good choice, I'm tired of auditioning, buying and returning.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

TQT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back