1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Ultrasone Pro 750 - Muffled Sound? Burn-In Time Needed?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tqt1015, Dec 3, 2012.
  1. tqt1015
    Hi everyone, I just joined Head-Fi today. I just received my new Ultrasone Pro 750 today. At first I thought the bass was amazingly deep and powerful. Great. But then I put on my really old Sony MDR-CD780 from eons ago, and I thought the Sony's provide clearers mids and crisper highs, just the bass wasn't as deep and tight. What's wrong with me, haha? Do I need to burn-in the Ultrasone? Do I just like lots of treble and soundstage? Also, my head hurts as these are really tight on my head, only after 5 minutes. Oh, and I pair these with my FiiO E11 (setting generally Gain High, and EQ level 2).

I've bought/returned several pairs within the last few months (in ranking order):

1) Audio-Technica ATH-900X (loved the comfort, soundstage was good, but when compared to my Sony's, I liked the Sony's)
    2) Beyerdynamic DT750 (really liked them for a few weeks, liked the bass, didn't like the soundstage in comparison to ATH-900X)
    3) Sennheiser HD380 (muffled sound, lacked a good soundstage, way too tight on my head, caused headaches)
    4) AKG K272 (bland sound, decent comfort).
    5) Sony XB500 (

Please help me make a good choice, I'm tired of auditioning, buying and returning.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!

TQT