Ultrasone HIFI 700 vs. Sennheiser PXC 300
Mar 1, 2006 at 9:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

BladeRunner...

New Head-Fier
Greetings Everyone....

I am new to this site.

Are any of you familiar with the Ultrasone HIFI 700? While they are not Noise Cancellation Headphones, I am considering buying these. I travel quite frequently via plane for the job. The reviews and ratings have been so high, they are hard to ignore. The question is will they block out at least some noise at a minimum to at least compete somewhat with the Sennheiser PXC 300. You guys have any technical expertise where you can explain the differences between the 2? If I decide to buy Ultrasone, will I miss much from a technical perspective?

http://www.ultrasoneusa.com/

Mar 1, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 3

Mercuttio

Key Conspirator in the Quest to Murder Music
Ultrasone's a relatively new company, and I don't think many people around here keep their headphones on hand. I've heard them once or twice at a store, and they didn't really do much for me.... they've got this sort of Cross Feed built in.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #3 of 3

themick

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a pair of HFI-700s that I use when I'm traveling and they work great. The isolation is good enough that I don't even have to crank my ipod up all the way to hear and enjoy what I'm listening too. And I can listen to them for an entire plane ride without getting a headache. I would definitely recommend them for traveling. Also as far as the phones having some sort of crossfeed? The Ultrasones don't use any digital signal processing, its all done by speaker placement.

Users who are viewing this thread