Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, or Vmoda LP2?
Sep 13, 2012 at 11:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jlund19

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a comfortable pair of over-ear headphones for those long study sessions. After some research and your input, I've narrowed it down to these three- Ultrasone HIFI 580, Shure SRH 840, and Vmoda LP2. But that's where I get stuck. I do not know enough about headphones to make a decision, so that's where your help comes in. I listen to most types of music ranging from classical to dubstep to rock and everything in between. Also, with these models, should I buy an amp? I'll be listening to my music through my laptop or iPod. Any info you guys can give me (that I can understand haha) will help a ton. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 2
Well... The Ultrasones can be worn for long periods... provided you don't wear glasses or don't mind a bit of ear sweat.  They tend to clamp quite hard as well.  Can't vouch for the others for comfort or sound quality, but the Ultrasones are actually decent for most musics.  The vocals can be a bit... artificial at points.  Ultrasones do reasonably well with classical, but they shine with electronica. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back